Audi Concert to 3G+ retrofit (complicated).

prkieffer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=294301
I have a very a puzzling one for all of you that have completed the 3g+ retrofit, mostly going from audi concert to 3g+. Here is my symptom. Display is almost black, i know what many of you are thinking, the engineering menu turn up brightness. tried all of those simple options not the issue.
ISSUE #1 (please read carefully because the symptoms are odd.
So when i am in the garage meaning when its dark around the car the display gets bright and thinks it daytime. when i pulled out of garage in daytime it gets black and i can't see it.
ISSUE 2 (same issue i'm guessing).
the other issue is when when i am in the garage (dark) or night time i can adjust the brightness using my dimming switch but here is the catch pay attention when dial it to bright on the dial (light switch) the cluster gets bright (as it should) but the MMI screen gets dark and when i dim the switch, the Cluster gets dim and the MMI display gets bright. Now, the interesting part. When i am in daylight Sunshine i can use the switch to still dim but the switch will only dim the cluster and will not brighten or dim the MMI no matter which way i turn it. So, it's almost like there is some type of override that governs the MMI display independently during the daylight, but the dimmer switch still works when the car is in darkness.
Now my car is an 09 Base model sedan A4 that had the Audi Concert system and upgraded to MMI 3G+ I do not have the rain/light sensor in the windshield but i wouldn't rule out a coding mistake that is causing an issue there.. Any help, experience or direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks Paul 6612191394

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
It's probably good to start with a vcds autoscan to see what modules you have, to see their coding and possible errors and dycs

Reactions: Uwe