Possible to enable NAR MY16 Golf Wagon Fog Light Blink with Front Turn Signal?

quailallstar

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=53119
Via VCDS is it possible to enable the fog lights to turn/blink at the same time as the amber turn signal bulb? If so I would find a way to tint the fog light amber in order to make it into a turn signal. :) I have bi-xenon factory lights.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Via VCDS is it possible to enable the fog lights to turn/blink at the same time as the amber turn signal bulb? If so I would find a way to tint the fog light amber in order to make it into a turn signal. :) I have bi-xenon factory lights.

quailallstar: Hi. The short answer is yes, but it might be first prudent to check with your local legislation (I believe that it's DoT) to see if it's kosher. We have our own federal legislation down here, but I've never understood how your cars up there remain road legal with all of your different State based rules! It must be a real problem when Americans want to drive across the country :confused:

Anyhow, according to my database all of the NAR cars on my database that have LED fogs have the Lichtfunktion B channel for both left and right side fog lights set to not active. So first check this on your car - then try this:

Left Side: ENG116948-ENG116104-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B 12 change setting to Blinken links Hellphase

Right Side: ENG116949-ENG116123-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B 13 change setting to Blinken rechts Hellphase

Don

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I've never understood how your cars up there remain road legal with all of your different State based rules! It must be a real problem when Americans want to drive across the country :confused:
Although registration and licensing is done by the individual states, things like lighting and safety regs are promulgated by the federal government and as a general rule, the states just go along with that. Ditto with emissions specs, except for a small group of states (5, I think) that have adopted the somewhat stricter California standards.

-Uwe-

quailallstar

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=53119
quailallstar: Hi. The short answer is yes, but it might be first prudent to check with your local legislation (I believe that it's DoT) to see if it's kosher. We have our own federal legislation down here, but I've never understood how your cars up there remain road legal with all of your different State based rules! It must be a real problem when Americans want to drive across the country :confused:

Anyhow, according to my database all of the NAR cars on my database that have LED fogs have the Lichtfunktion B channel for both left and right side fog lights set to not active. So first check this on your car - then try this:

Left Side: ENG116948-ENG116104-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B 12 change setting to Blinken links Hellphase

Right Side: ENG116949-ENG116123-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B 13 change setting to Blinken rechts Hellphase

Don

Don I will give these settings a try. I am also on the quest for amber colored H11 LED bulbs should this modifacting work so they can be turn signals. The H11 Philips LEDs in the fog lights now I would repurpose for cornering lights.