new TDI info, please

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
Jack, Larimore here..........................this is not a repair question.........feel free to rip me a new one but???????????

Looking @ a buying a late model TDI..........see a bunch of 2015 on the lots..........obviously the intro of the ones that were recalled. maybe not.

Quetion too you................Do they have DPF ect which I would think, but just don't know the ins and outs like Jack would, have a nice day.

Keithuk

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=122432
I think they have used the DPF on model from 2007:

2007 Touran 1.9 TDI-PD DPF Cross 77 T, BLS - 105PS
2008 Skoda Fabia II 1.9 TDI-PD DPF Ambition L477/1, BLS - 105PS
2008 Skoda Octavia II 1.9 TDI-PD LIM. DPF Ambiel4103, BMM - 140PS
2008 Skoda Superb II 1.9 TDI-PD TDI DPF COMFOL4 77
2010 Skoda Fabia II 1.4 TDI-PD DPF Ambition L451/1, BNM - 68PS
The Mk5 Golf GT 2.0 TDI-PD show with DPF and without

As for newer TDI-CR vehicles the VW EA 189 NOX emissions software recall. Once its been done its marked in the service schedule. I've had 7 letters from VW saying they will notify me when the software will be available for update. All the letters say this update will not effect performance or economy.

You can Google these emissions updates and loads say problems have developed and performance is down.

I asked my dealer out of curiosity, if I have it done and problems develop can the original software be put back, they said NO. I said forget it as the NOX doesn't apply to the UK.

The 1.6 TDI-CR is a modified intake.

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Jack, Larimore here..........................this is not a repair question.........feel free to rip me a new one but???????????

Looking @ a buying a late model TDI..........see a bunch of 2015 on the lots..........obviously the intro of the ones that were recalled. maybe not.

Quetion too you................Do they have DPF ect which I would think, but just don't know the ins and outs like Jack would, have a nice day.
Yes they do, DPF and urea injection.

Jack@European_Parts

NostraJackAss
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yes Larrymore Eric already answered this.........../\

Been dealing with power outages here switching back and fourth with gen-set.

I know those later TDI's sound tempting don't they?

FACT & Personally.............. the ALH, will far outlast the CR engine and its design deficiencies.

Whatever you do don't by an automatic ............. unless of course you like being horse whipped.