2017 MK7.5 Golf GTI + HEX-CAN USB?

CocoPops

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=65608
I guess this is a kinda presales question...

I've an existing Hex-CAN USB lead (2008) that I've used consistently with my VW/Audi cars, will I be ok to use this on my forthcoming GTI? Or will I need to upgrade?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I guess this is a kinda presales question...

I've an existing Hex-CAN USB lead (2008) that I've used consistently with my VW/Audi cars, will I be ok to use this on my forthcoming GTI? Or will I need to upgrade?
OK to use? Sure.

Will it access every last module in your new car? Hard to say. Depends on how the car is equipped.

My advice: Run an and post an Auto-Scan when you get the car and we should be able to tell you if it's missing something.

-Uwe-

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Is there any CAN2.0b control module yet known in MQB which HEX-CAN USB cannot handle?

From my knowledge there is the Central konv. module in MLBevo and perhaps the module no. 74 which is I think something with suspension control...?

I could imagine that HEX-CAN USB interface will end up in smoke connecting to a new A8 though ;)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Is there any CAN2.0b control module yet known in MQB which HEX-CAN USB cannot handle?
I believe there can be some, but I don't have a list handy. Whether they exist in any particular car will depend on how it is equipped.

I could imagine that HEX-CAN USB interface will end up in smoke connecting to a new A8 though ;)
I would not expect any physical damage, but I sure don't expect it to work well either. ;)

-Uwe-

CocoPops

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=65608
So I have now found a module it cannot talk to....
Upgrade time?

Module 4B.

See my reference scan in the other forum.

Back