Batch Coding/Flashing?

yogibearal

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=292451
Hi I hope this is the right place to put questions/suggestions for VCDS. And apologies if this has been asked before, I've done some searches but could not find any posts on this.

Main Question: Is there a way to batch code/flash a bunch of long codes, adaptations to different modules at once?

A little bit of background:

I am currently keeping track of all the changes I've made to my car since the car was new - either through coding or adaptations. I save and backup all the CodingLog and AdpLogs from various versions of VCDS I've installed. I was wondering if there is a way to take those changes, and put them in a file to batch process all the changes back to stock? Or vice versa if the dealer flashes to update software and puts things back to stock form, I'd like a way to reflash things back to where I had them.

Purpose:

Some posts in Vortex has shown even basic coding changes to cause dealerships to refuse warranty claims. I just want an easy way to do this so that for the most part it doesn't leave any questions to the dealership. I've made a bunch of changes to my car from a software perspective, with most of the rest of it stock (with regards to hardware) and would like this ability. I'm sure they can probably detect that changes were made, but not what specific changes were made if I change things back to stock.

PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A WARRANTY CLAIMS THREAD - I just want to know whether this "batch processing" can be done or if it is something you will consider implementing in the future.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
No, there is no such functionality at present, nor is such functionality currently planned.

-Uwe-

yogibearal

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=292451
Thanks for the quick response Uwe. Is there a particular reason for not wanting to provide this functionality? I think it would be useful for many reasons. It doesn't seem like it would be something difficult to do especially with long coding. Not sure of adaptations. But if the protocols are available it wouldn't be difficult. Is there any command line interface that VCDS supports that maybe allows one to create their own?

Thanks,

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
I think it be a great feature if vcds internally kept track of all coding/adaptations and let you easily revert any changes along the timeline between auto-scans.

Even better if this functionality was sync'd across the 'vcds cloud' so that you track/scan a vin across multiple computers and vcds cables that are associated with a cloud account.

Even even better would be if it could track stored/cleared diagnostic codes as well.

If presented well, it could provide a fairly detailed history of a vehicle at a glance.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
It's not something we've seen a whole lot of requests for, and there are quite a few other things that we think are rather more important to get implemented.

I also do not think this is as easy for us to do as you envision it.

-Uwe-

yogibearal

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=292451
It does keep track of the changes in the Debug folder, but yes its not internal. As it is, the data is exported and appended to CSV files, every session. If you have multiple versions of VCDS and machines, then the files are unfortunately not appended merged, hence the need for me to manually backup the system.

The ability to easily revert back to a specific date would be great too. Similar to what I was thinking of doing albeit manually. I think the LongCode application can be used separately where I could write an app to find its handles and somewhat automate the batch coding process, but that does not apply for adaptations. Oh well one can wish. :P

A cloud account for a specific car would mean a paid service with an ongoing revenue stream? Hmmm, interesting idea. Wonder if RossTech has a "feature suggestions" forum. :P Great ideas all around.

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
It's not something we've seen a whole lot of requests for, and there are quite a few other things that we think are rather more important to get implemented.

fair enough

I also do not think this is as easy for us to do as you envision it.

What you mean it doesn't happen like this?

lrAicHg.gif

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Nothing stops you (or me...) from implementing a VCDS automation library based on UI Automation mechanisms :)