Number Of Registered VCDS Users?

GaryM

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=226919
Something I've always wondered is how many registered users there currently are in the world of genuine VCDS interface cables.

Can anyone at RT provide those stats, maybe breakdown by cable type and also registered VCDS Lite users?

Of course, if this information is deemed confidential to RT and isn't for the public domain then I fully understand :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
How do you define "registered users"? A good portion of our sales over the years has been through distributors, and prior to this year, there was nothing that required the end-user to register with us unless they wanted our help with something. So there are lots of people with legitimate systems who aren't necessarily registered with us.

The total systems sold world-wide since we started the business in 2000 is a six-figure number. Sorry, but I'm not keen on posting a more precise value than that. ;)

It would take some digging through our database to determine what percentage are registered with us, or to come up with a breakdown by cable type and number of VCDS-Lite users. Over the last 10 years or so, the HEX-USB+CAN was by far the most popular cable.

-Uwe-