Sweeping indicators

Milan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=301890
Hello guys,

I am just wondering if I could get an advice regarding sweeping indicators on some VW/AUDI cars,

Basically I have some VW/AUDI 2015 and 2016 ,

Some of them come with sweeping indicators but some of them not,
Is it possible to disable and enable this function with VCDS or the indicator electronics are built into the light cluster itself?

Thanks

Milan

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hello guys,

I am just wondering if I could get an advice regarding sweeping indicators on some VW/AUDI cars,

Basically I have some VW/AUDI 2015 and 2016 ,

Some of them come with sweeping indicators but some of them not,
Is it possible to disable and enable this function with VCDS or the indicator electronics are built into the light cluster itself?

Thanks

Milan
Whether it's possible to enable it depends on the exact instrument cluster in question, and if it's possible, how it's done will vary. So please post Auto-Scans from the vehicles in question.

As for disabling it, if the cluster does it, I believe chances are good that it can be disabled.

-Uwe-

Milan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=301890
Thanks for the reply Uwe,

I have done nothing yet I have just been thinking about it,
I just wanted to know if it possible or not before I do anything ,

Milan

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I just wanted to know if it possible or not before I do anything
Some they do and some they don't,
and some you just can't tell.
Some they will and some they won't,
with some it's just as well.

;)

-Uwe-

Milan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=301890
What's the procedure to find out?

Milan

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
What's the procedure to find out?

Milan
Milan" Uwe's reference to those classic lyrics, really do profoundly sum-up the situation! But as a supporting suggestion to Uwe's response and in answer to your question , my observation is that there is a clear defining line between normal blinking and "sweepng" (read- LED chaser) fittings with the latter variety having much of the facility housed within the units, themselves. This kind-of makes sense because if the control mechanism for LED-chasing isn't localized, then the wiring loom to the lamps becomes more complex (i.e. each LED must be wired back to the centralized "chasing" controller).

As far as "normal" blinking functions are concerned (at least on MQB platform vehicle in the VAG fleet), there is the opportunity to customize the operation - a little bit. Leuchte programming can be used to "enhance" the factory settings within these cars with effects such as counter blinking of near-by lamps, customizing the dimming level of lamps, changing the decay time for the blinking function and switch-on/off special blinking functions (i.e. hard braking, when locking/unlocking, hazard blinking etc).

However and notwithstanding the limited ability for customization of lighting on these cars, regard must always be given to compliance with the local road-laws - it's very easy to get carried-away with the (limited) freedom to make changes and doubtless many of these changes would not be respected by the local traffic cop!

Don

Milan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=301890
Hi Don,

Thank you very much for your message, I really appreciate it,

Milan