Search results

1. T

V10 TDI MAF implausible signal intermittent fault

Reviving this old thread, i'm still chasing this issue, Please see graph i've taken a shot of: VAG Com Graph of MAF vs EGR What the computer doesn't seem to like is the MAF airflow actual (yellow line) goes below the green line or specified by the ECM. Where these lines (green and yellow) cross...
  2. T

VW Touareg 3.0TDI with 98.000 miles. What maintenance was needed?

Wow poor customer paying through the nose for this job in 1st video... First you do not remove the subframe for this job (massive waste of time) 2nd where is the wear on the chains? what actually is wrong with them? no proof, just parts swapping The only issue is that oil filter housing...
  3. T

Update: I replaced bank 2 MAF with a brand new unit, still got the code after about 30 min driving, freeze frame showing about 19mg/s airflow when the CEL was registered. (during idle its 220-30mg/s) Theoretically speaking this can only happen with excessive EGR flow being fed and thus...
  4. T

Thanks boys, i'll see what i can do, interestingly now i remember, the Bank 1 MAF was also coding with the same code (implausible signal) When the boost pipe on Bank 2 was opening up slightly under boost, however now it does not code anymore. Are both MAF readings synchronized somewhere. I know...
  5. T

I did, why would the MAF be bad? if i measures exactly the same under load and idle compared side by side with bank 1? Explain this maybe?
  6. T

Forgot to mention i did find a C clip on the intake manifold flap was incorrect size and was holding only 1 of the 2 nipples on the quick connect boost pipe That's now been attended to and i still get the fault. Could it be the boost map was adjusted previously because of the shit cam and now it...
  7. T

Hi boys/girls, Recently acquired a V10 TDI 2007 with BWF engine code. I went through the engine and replaced the camshafts. Been driving it for a bit after the overhaul and i'm getting a sporadic MAF error which i can't figure out. It happens while driving and the measured value is below 30g/s...
  8. T

Need help coding Touareg 7L 2007 Airbag Module

Hi guys, Trying to swap out the airbag module with same part number and it will not accept coding from 0012360 to 0012375 I'm getting Error 22" Conditions not correct or request sequence error Here's a full vehicle scan, there are no airbags deployed or any sensors malfunctioning...
  9. T

Puzzling misfire on V10 TDI BKW in Touareg

Hey everyone, I'm very puzzled by an issue that just surfaced on my dad's 2004 V10 TDI Touareg, it only seems to happen when engine is warmed up. Definitely felt engine shuddering (feels like fuel starvation) at low rpm in 6th gear highway cruising, dissapears when revs go up or downshift to...
  10. T

Phaeton 3D, Running Rich code, maf 1 vs 2 imbalance

Hi all, Just wondering if what i'm seeing is normal on this V8 4.2 It has 2 air filter boxes on on each side with the MAF on it. Group 2 measuring block fields 3 and 4 read 7.18g/s and 3.59g/s at idle I did get the code for Running rich bank 1 and 2, (Mult) which can be caused by a bad maf...
  11. T

Phaeton 3D, TPMS issue

Hey guys, Need to understand the order of sensor monitoring on Address 65 for the TPMS module on this car 2004 Phaeton I have measuring blocks 001 to 016 which represent the 4 sensors but in what order are they? No label file for this module as well. I'm pretty positive i have 2 dead sensors...
  12. T

Phaeton V8 cooling fans failure

Hi guys, Anyone come across both Fan control modules coding "Malfunction" in ECU? Neither is running, when engine temp reaches operating or when A/C is put on, it actually hits upper limit shutdown. Fuse SD12 and 25,26 for high current checked at right plenum, fans spin freely by hand. Car...
  13. T

2009 Audi Q7 TDI - Fuel trim code?

Hey guys, Just wanted to run this by you, i got a code for Fuel trim too lean on a diesel. Never seen this on a diesel before, typical gasoline engine code yes, but on a diesel? Can someone explain why would it care about fuel trim? Thanks
  14. T

2009 Audi Q7 TDI TPMS Either fix or disable

Hey guys Breaking my head with a 2009 Q7 and its TPMS System, can't get it to disable or work, either would be nice So far i have done the following: -Checked tire pressures in all -Tried to disable by removing fuse to TPMS module, CAN Gateway remove module adr 65, and In instrument cluster...
  15. T

Touareg T1, 4.2 intermittent warm-up catalyst fault

Hi all, Been a while since i didn't encounter any weird issues, so here's one more we can all learn from i hope. I'm getting a CEL for warm up catalyst which comes up couple of days after its been cleared. Can't pass readyness on Bank 1 as well Things that have been done and should be...
  16. T

1999.5 Audi A4 1.8T Most controllers inaccessible

Hey guys, Just wanted to get your thoughts on what could be the culprit here So this A4 1.8T is acting weird, doors won't open/close with remote, windows wont roll down Only engine and Central Electric are accessible via VAG COM, any other controller is giving no response from controller. To...
  17. T

2010 Jetta 2.0TSI misfire on cyl 1, coil short to ground?

Hey guys, Swapped the block on this Jetta during the past few weeks, everything runs fine, except when i took it for a prolonged test drive getting the flashing MIL light and engine sputtering when the gas is slightly pressed, misfiring stops seems to be less apparent when backing off the...
  18. T

Touaerg V10 random alarm / goes off by itself

Hey everyone, Wanted to get some opinions on this, been having this issue for a while on my dad's Treg and I've been monitoring it. Here's what i've done so far in my troubleshooting -Monitored Cent Conv. module group 018 and alarm sources as of now are 17 17 17 1 -Trailer module was replaced...
  19. T

Touaerg T1 Running gear fault/Air Susp

Hey guys, Just wanted to run this by you to see if you got any different input than what i'm thinking here. Getting this intermittent fault on the MFD about Running gear fault, code stored in address 34, intermittent signal on G291 which is the compressor pressure sensor. If i clear the fault...
  20. T

Touareg V10, Weird fault with Accelerator G79

Hi all, Finally got verified and excited to post here and share my knowledge :) I'm fighting with a trouble which came out when i did a mechanical non-related repair on the engine, replaced a tandem pump. Fault wasn't present before and now i can't get rid of it. It doesn't affect the...
Back