Search results

1. RichS

2015 Q7 steering column reset help

Thank you for this quick response! I checked how the column switch appears on my 2014 Q7 - it doesn't just toggle, it changes position (height) from on to off - great observation!
  2. RichS

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-s6-c6-platform-discussion-58/steering-column-adjustable-does-not-work-vcds-basic-setting-2900010/ Here's another link...trying to track down the success stories. The door memory switch in question has an on / off indication, so you can tell it is off.
  3. RichS

jwt27ta6, That's the first success I've heard! The button on the steering column in question is called the easy entry button - pressing it toggles the steering column easy entry feature on or off. Should the column easy entry feature be turned off, or turned on? How can you tell if it is on or...
  4. RichS

Catalytic conversion factor group 46 LEV to EURO code change? 2005 Audi S4 B6 cab

Is it possible to recode my Audi S4 B6 cabriolet to set a higher limit for the catalytic conversion factor (group 46)? The california emissions cars - LEV - mine is one - have an upper limit of 0.47, the EURO4 cars have an upper limit of 0.58. My bank 1 cat reads 0.48 - 0.50 (bank 2 reads 0.10)...
  5. RichS

Audi A8 D2 1999 transmission in 5th gear 17117 17114

Well, the nice young man in the Snap-On jacket gave up...I really thought he had it in him. I gotta work on that interview process. The car is for sale again on FB for...$2500. The transmission is available, new old stock, $1295.00 in from info@cascadegerman.com . (Aaron). Also listed on EBay...
  6. RichS

Cheaper to Keep Her applies both to wives and cars we like...Wish I had more garage. And....Sold, for the asking price to the nice young man in the Snap-On tools jacket. There was an interview process among the successful candidates, because, well, we are only the steward of that which we...
  7. RichS

I'm in the Midwest, Des Moines, Iowa. I did actually source a NEW old stock transmission - for $1500!! But I don't have a lift, or a transmission jack, or time. And my wife has limited me to four cars and three boats (all ancient of course.) So this car will go on to a good home, I hope. And...
  8. RichS

And...my trusty A8 is for sale, on Facebook, for $1000. All the problems are detailed within these blogs :) . I would keep it, but it is a 5th spare car in a two driver household. Hey, I still have the S4 cabriolet and the Q7 to keep me busy. I'm in Des Moines, Iowa if anyone is interested...
  9. RichS

More data from VCDS, this time with all the solenoids. I got the transmission to function for 52 seconds, hunting through gears 1-4 before it went into limp mode. I'd love to know if this could possibly be a valve body issue / crack. Just one solenoid seems off. I wonder how far apart the input...
  10. RichS

Here is a result from the test drive per Uwe's suggestion. Geez I love the diagnostic capabilities of VCDS. Here I have plotted the engine RPM, trans input RPM, trans output RPM (proportional to speed), transmission gear and all the solenoid activations and PC valve currents against time. I did...
  11. RichS

Next up after that is the driving test per Uwe to compare input / output RPM while in motion.
  12. RichS

Anyone know how transmission connector T16B, the 16 pin plug into the transmission sump, comes off? All these connectors are old, and I don't want to break it. It's different than other connectors on the car. I'm going through the wiring harness and the F125 switch - Ross-tech VCDS offers a...
  13. RichS

Uwe, I'll do exactly that, by driving the car, and report back. I'll also look to see if there is a way to test the neutral safety switch upon removal - before I buy one. I had a great conversation with Mike Barkis of ECS Tuning as well. The F125 neutral safety switch switch is still...
  14. RichS

Okay, Ross-Tech Audi brain trust, here you go – your insight is appreciated. The transmission went into limp mode – directly into 5th gear upon shifting into drive. PRND432 dash display is in relief, that is, surrounded by red, instead of being red lettering. I can watch the measuring block...
  15. RichS

It did not get resolved...So many things to fix...but I do enjoy. I may try this again during indoor fixit season in Iowa ("Winter").
  16. RichS

Audi Q7 2014 Remote Matching

Success! For the moment...kind of. Maybe this story helps someone. The fob is now sensed by the car, and is functional - the car will start while it is in my pocket. I tested the faulty key for current drop - and made a mistake. I applied the voltage backwards, using alligator clips. (It's not...
  17. RichS

I attempted to load a few photos using imgur in a format that is more friendly given PetrolDave's comments, but I have not met with success. Nor can I delete my post...so just ignore this post #15 please...
  18. RichS

The plot thickens! And I have a little more insight on Kessy. I cleaned the printed circuit board with a light acid wash and a soft brush to remove the corrosion, and found two stuck buttons - the alarm button and the liftgate button. I exercised those until they clicked. The lock, unlock and...
  19. RichS

Replying to PetrolDave - When I do a ctrl-right click on the image, a new page opens in my browser. For the top line, it's titled fob - button side - Imgur, and for the second line, it's entitled fob- logo side - Imgur, the images are visible to me. This may be due to my browser settings or the...
  20. RichS

In answer to Jetta, 4F0837220AG. Thanks! I didn't know that number was there. I also have an Audi S4 cabriolet, 2005, that I will be sorting out to get a second fob. There is also a QR code on the circuit board, but it won't read.
Back