Search results

1. PanEuropean

2024 RS7 Rear Spoiler Deactivation

Good point Uwe, I had not thought of that. But, considering that it is a RS7, wouldn't limited vehicle speed save the owner a fortune in speeding tickets? :D Michael
  2. PanEuropean

2006 Bentley flying spur HVAC adaption/basic settings

Hello @Blue99 : The 2006 Bentley CFS is identical in every respect (except visual appearance) to the first generation VW Phaeton. So, the procedure for the Phaeton will work on the CFS. There is a MASSIVE knowledge base of information about the first generation Phaeton at the VWVortex...
  3. PanEuropean

2024 RS7 Rear Spoiler Deactivation

At the risk of sounding a bit too simplistic, why not just unplug the darn thing? No SFD 1, 2, or 3 access required. Michael
  4. PanEuropean

Acoustic confirmation notification did not appear in the lock menu.

Hello: I can't help you with the answer you need, but I can give you a bit of information that might help you understand the concepts involved. When enabling any functionality that is "optional" - by which I mean the functionality can be enabled or disabled by coding or adaptation - there are...
  5. PanEuropean

How do I change a value that I see in a 'blockmap'?

Thanks Uwe, you confirmed what I thought was the case, which was that the 'blockmap' is what I previously knew as 'MVBs'. I was just a little confused by the terminology. I've already looked through Adaptations in that controller and not found anything I can change, but now I'll go peruse...
  6. PanEuropean

How do I change a value that I see in a 'blockmap'?

Hello All: Sorry if this is a "dumb question". but how do I change a value that I see in a blockmap of a controller? I know how to find and change items listed in an adaptation map, but I'm not sure of the process for an item listed in a blockmap. I want to change one line that I see in the...
  7. PanEuropean

Touareg left mirror working no matter the switch position.

Uwe: If you need to get a diagnostic scan tool to enable this feature, there's a company based in Pennsylvania that makes a really good one... 😁
  8. PanEuropean

Touareg left mirror working no matter the switch position.

Hi Eamonn: I note from your profile that you are in Ireland, where I think the "left mirror" is the passenger side mirror. Most Volkswagen products that are delivered in Europe are coded from the factory so that when the outside mirror switch is in the driver-side position, the passenger-side...
  9. PanEuropean

Golf 8 Newbie

What @stefdds wrote above is excellent guidance. An "intermittent" fault is a fault that was recorded at some time in the past, but was not present at the time you did the scan. It's not uncommon for a perfectly healthy car to generate intermittent faults. Only God knows why, but possible...
  10. PanEuropean

VW Phaeton scan of potential purchase

The vehicle referenced in this discussion is a V6 TDI. The W12 powered Phaetons are no more of a concern than the ones with other engines. I owned a W12 (bought new) for almost 10 years, and only had one problem with the engine, a thermostat issue that was fixed under warranty. The W12s tend...
  11. PanEuropean

VW Phaeton scan of potential purchase

Phaeton team member reporting for duty... :) Some comments based on my experience - Controller 05, Access & Start Control - all those door handles are going to need to be replaced to restore keyless access unlocking functionality. It's common for them to fail due to water infiltration &...
  12. PanEuropean

2006 A8L W12 no heat

Have a look at this post in the VW Vortex Phaeton forum: F265 Map Controlled Engine Thermostat Replacement (W12 - BAP). It's a bit of a long-shot whether this might address the problem you are having, but it is the same engine. FYI the car in the pictures was mine, and I wrote that post...
  13. PanEuropean

Are user profiles (personalization) via key fob possible on MK 8 Golf?

Hello All: I have a 2024 Golf, Canadian spec. Block & adaptation maps are here if you need to refer to them to answer my questions. I am wondering what level of personalization - by that I mean "remembering user preferences" is available when the different key fobs are used. I have two key...
  14. PanEuropean

2024 Golf (NAR) - How to enable synchronized mirror adjustment

Hello All: The owner manual for my 2024 Golf GTI (Canadian spec) states that synchronized adjustment of both of the external mirrors can be achieved by putting the mirror control knob in the L (left) position and then operating the control knob. Synchronized adjustment of the two mirrors has...
  15. PanEuropean

Where is control of the Sirius XM radio found? (2024 Golf)

Thanks Uwe, I will take a look in there and see what I can find. Derek, I posted a complete level 2 debug scan of my car, including adaptation & block maps, at this link: Click Here Michael
  16. PanEuropean

Where is control of the Sirius XM radio found? (2024 Golf)

Hello All: What controller is responsible for the Sirius XM radio in a 2024 Golf GTI? I am unable to get live traffic data via Sirius XM on my new Golf, despite having a subscription with Sirius. It worked just fine on my MK 7. I am wondering if there is a way to fix this via coding or...
  17. PanEuropean

How do I create a "new vehicle comprehensive scan"?

Hello Zenerdiode: Thanks for your excellent suggestion to use the 'Alligator' application. It worked perfectly. I have never been active in a Porsche forum (never owned one of those fancy Krautwagens), but I did moderate the Phaeton forum on VW Vortex for 10 years from 2004 to 2014. Michael
  18. PanEuropean

Lock car with engine running (2017 B9 A5)

Hi Fabio: It should be possible for you to make a coding change somewhere to allow this. I know it is possible to do so on numerous other VW products, for example, the MK 7 Golf series. It's a simple one-line coding change to allow you to lock the car using the remote control key fob when the...
  19. PanEuropean

Maps 2024 Golf GTI 'Performance' 2.0T DRNA

AutoScan: WVWVA7CD2RW136392 Thursday,28,December,2023,12:13:33:33162 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 11 x64 VCDS Version: 23.11.0.0 (x64) HEX-NET CB: 0.4643.4 Data version: 20231027 DS351.0 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WVWVA7CD2RW136392 License Plate: Chassis Type...
  20. PanEuropean

Maps 2024 Golf GTI 'Performance' 2.0T DRNA

blockmap-82-5H1-919-608_WVWVA7CD2RW136392-20231228-1143.CSV ;SW:5H1-919-608 HW:5H1-919-608 --- Head Up Display ;Component:HeadupDisplay H17 2045, Coding:5740A0 ;EV_HeadUpDisplMQB37W,001018,EV_HeadUpDisplMQB37W_VW38.rod ;Thursday,28,December,2023,11:43:05:33162 ;VCDS Version: Release 23.11.0...
Back