Search results

1. S

Bluetooth Retrofit for 2005 Phaeton

Ah yes, you are correct, my mistake. I tried both 77 and 75 but neither would be scanned by VCDS on any of the modules even after a CAN gateway refresh. From the guide above, the Telematics unit (OnStar) is completely removed and then certain pins are connected to the BT module (can hi/lo, 12v...
  2. S

Bluetooth Retrofit for 2005 Phaeton

I know I could use a Grom or Dension kit, but wanted to try and get this working via this guide: https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/retrofitting-oem-bluetooth-from-a-touareg-to-the-phaeton.3584464/ I've tried 3 BT modules to no avail: 7L6-035-729-H - Showed no sign of life, nothing in VCDS or in...
  3. S

Sticky A Sad Day

Same, read his posts both here and on Vortex for many years... can't believe it's real.
  4. S

VW Eurovan Engine and Transmission issues

So our 2001 Eurovan GLS was having issues with 3rd. Dealer says its slipping - sounds like a grinding in the car. Is the whole transmission shot or just the valve body? In addition to the transmission issues, I found the issues below. The A/C Pressure Switch was damaged after our VW dealer...
  5. S

VW T4 electric sliding door kit

I found a kit here: http://www.bus-ok.de/T4-Kit-Electric-Sliding-Door-Volkswagen-Original-Part-OEM-Nr-KDNDHL8003 The part number is supposedly KDNDHL8003, but I've only found brief references on a German forum. Does anyone here have any other information? I'd like to know how to install this...
  6. S

VW MK5 Door Buttons don't work after new harness installed

So I got a new harness for my Rabbit, but after taking apart the inner and outer door cards and swapping the harness. None of the controls work. No light in any of the buttons. And the door is permanently detected as being open. Should I take apart the door again and reassemble? When I was...
  7. S

Part w/o part number fell out of seat

Delete this.
  8. S

Broken release on brake controller harness

http://www.vaglinks.com/Docs/VW/MKV/OgdenLabs.com_VW_2006_Jetta_TDI_TPMS_Installation_DIY.pdf On page 21 it shows to take off the connector to the brake controller, but my release seems to be broken off. Am I completely hosed, or can I still take it off to do the TPMS button retrofit?
  9. S

Leaking head gasket on 6 month old VW remanufactured engine (01 T4, AXK)

Posted about this on CaveVan as well. Posting here since I know Uwe and a few others here have the Eurovan as well. Backstory So the timing guides broke apart last August, and we had a remanufactured (by VW) long block put in the van. Luckily it came with a one year warranty for parts and...
  10. S

How to get started in reverse engineering car systems? What books to read?

How did Ross-Tech start out? Was there any public documentation on VW/Audi electronics? I'm interested in learning about how car electronics work, do I need a strong EE background or are there some basics or specific books that could give me a better understanding? I'd like to start doing some...
  11. S

Used Hex-Net permitted on forum? Upgrade cost?

There's a used Hex-Net local to me and I have a few questions: 1. Am I allowed to use the forum for Hex-Net support even if I got it used? (or do I have to use my original cable for forum support?) 2. May I purchase the 10 VIN to Unlimited upgrade? If so, how much will it cost if I am not the...
  12. S

Good pin release tools?

I'm using these tools: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwaben-parts/european-car-electrical-terminal-tool-kit-12-pieces/ce-70-2/?gclid=CK6R_5y--s8CFUONfgodTqgNSQ I don't know if I'm just using these improperly or what, but its either I apply too little force and nothing happens, or I apply too...
  13. S

B6 and R Brake upgrade for MK5 Rabbit - will this work?

Right now I have the stock brakes, looking to get the following but wanted to check on things before I get the parts. Brake MC is being upgraded to Golf R32/R spec. Front from Passat B6 4-Motion: Calipers/Carriers, Rotors, Pads, Dust Shields (will these fit on MK5?) (can I use my stock brake...
  14. S

Hill Hold Assist in MK5?

Has anyone here retrofitted hill hold assist in an MK5? Other than requiring an MK60EC1, is an electric parking brake required?
  15. S

RNS315 maps

Is the only way to update the RNS315 mapping system via the SD card? Can the RNS315 use an alternative map like the openstreetmap?
  16. S

Lane assist in MK5? What would be needed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExUxF2Cvxd4 Saw the above on YouTube, and just out of curiosity I have to ask - what would be needed for make lane assist work in an MK5? 1. Lane Assist Camera and 2. New CAN Gateway? Like 7N0907530AN or similar from Tiguan? 3. White or Color Cluster 4. New...
  17. S

Best key shell for VW MK5?

My MK5 key shell's could use some refreshing. I bought a Chinese VW key shell, but the flip motion was off and the key was a bit thinner than stock. Furthermore, to replace the batteries, I still had to split it apart instead of the nice method of the MK6/Phaeton. I was hoping to use the MK6...
Back