Search results

1. D

2010 Tiguan Safe Mode

This is a new one for me. My buddy (I'll call him Ed) bought an abandoned 2010 Tiguan from a shop (that he knows the owner). It had a bad engine and a bit of front end damage. He replaced the engine and made the needed repairs. When he went to start the car, it wouldn't. He realized that...
  2. D

2004 New Beetle 09G Transmission Pressure Switch Question

I knowingly replaced the valve body in the transmission with a low mileage, known to be good unit, that was just a wee bit different. The replacement does not have the Pressure Switches 1 (G193) and 2 (G194). I understand that the pressure switches were eliminated with later model years. I...
  3. D

Remote FCC ID for 2004 Audi A4 Quattro

Purchased a car awhile back that did not have remotes. I have not been successful with programming the remotes using Ross-Tech or the key lock method. I suspect that I was not able to program the remotes due to purchasing the wrong FCC ID model. The remotes were for MYT8Z0837231, 4D0837231E...
  4. D

Error 16815 Related to 0.00 kOhms on B2S2 O2 Sensor Question

Car is my Audi A6 C5 Quattor with AVK (3.0). Engine scan is below. Wondering if B2S2 O2 sensor not reading proper resistance could be causing the 16815 error code. The 16815 code comes on after about 20 miles of driving. It takes longer for the 16825 code to come on. So far, when looking at...
  5. D

Replace AFP with BDF Engine ECU and Immobilizer Questions

Attempting to help out a buddy here. My buddy recently picked up an 01' GTI with a bad engine, AFP VR6 with manual. He has a wrecked 03 Jetta with a BDF engine and automatic, so he decided to swap the engine from the Jetta to the GTI. Once he got finished, he wanted to see if I could match up...
  6. D

01M Measuring Blocks and Groups for G68 Sensor Question

On using VCDS-Lite when looking at the measuring blocks on a 01M transmission, where does the Group 002 Vehicle speed Sensor Voltage and the Group 005 Engine Speed originate from? TIA Attempted to get some feedback on another site, but never got any response. Here's a link if you care to look...
  7. D

99' Beetle ECU Weird Coding and Swap Question

Long time reader, first time poster... Have some questions regarding ECU coding as I've come across something I haven't seen before. I have a 99' Beetle with 1.8t and 01M. The ECU is 06a 906 032 B. Below is the VCDS scan of the engine for the Beetle and for comparison, I have also listed one...
Back