Search results

1. R

New Owner of a VW California - anything serious here?

Hi folks, Just picked up a VW California Ocean, and I get a bulb indicator and ABS warning lights. Running a scan, I see Engine fault codes?!!! I wondered if these are anything serious? I will start the process of searching for the various fault codes and try to figure out what they mean, but...
  2. R

Newbie requesting help with scan / Skoda Superb

Thanks for taking the time to reply Uwe & Carowner, appreciated.
  3. R

Newbie requesting help with scan / Skoda Superb

Hi folks, Just ran a scan on father in laws Skoda Superb, its showing a fair few error codes, but we're not all that sure what they mean or where to start. After clearing the codes, only the HVAC error code remains. Its a generally well maintained car. Plan is to wait and see if the error...
  4. R

Where to start? VW EOS

Thanks Jef & EuroX, will have another look this weekend :thumbs:
  5. R

Where to start? VW EOS

Thanks for the replies. I’m just trying to locate the control unit, I’ve posted over at the vw eos club, I’ve found this but not sure if it’s the correct control module. Appreciate its not really a VCDS issue :)
  6. R

Where to start? VW EOS

Well looks like I've been a proper idiot, and wasn't clearing the codes when I thought I was. Now I have cleared the codes I get the following which looks a bit more manageable. Is the Can gateway not the port that is used by the VCDS software, or is there more to it than that? As for the...
  7. R

Where to start? VW EOS

Today I checked all the fuses and they look fine. The current mileage is 110180km, but I notice many of the intermittent faults record a mileage of 110100km, which probably predates me changing the battery about 80km ago. I’ve cleared the DTC’s since changing the battery, so how come the faults...
  8. R

Where to start? VW EOS

I wrapped my car (VW EOS 2.0L TDI 2011) up over winter and it got damp and the battery ran out and then the sunroof packed in when I used the roof for the first time. Ive swapped in a new battery and I’ve made fair progress getting the sunroof fixed (motor still to be installed), but I’m getting...
  9. R

Upgrade to Windows 10

Hi, I purchased VCDS 3 car licence recently for my VW EOS. I installed on my Windows 7 laptop and it work great. I now need to upgrade the laptop to Windows 10, then I will reinstall VCDS. Do I need to do anything before upgrading? Like unregistered the machine? Or is it all managed via the...
Back