Search results

1. P

Old (1998 6N1) Polo - is an electric-engine conversion do-able, re the ECM?

Trying to work out it this idea is feasible, with this model having an ECM. Seeing a conversion done of an old (pre ECM) Datsun has triggered this idea. It was a combustion-engine replacement with an electric-motor as the only change. Matched to the existing gearbox, so it's not the full...
  2. P

Throttle adaption problem in 1998 Polo 6N1 1.6 L - too coincidental, looking for suggestions..

I have a 1998 VW polo 6N1, 1.6 l, 94K kms, in good condition and a one-family car. Recently I changed the timing belt (precautionary, there was no problem) and that went fine, and timing is not the issue here (cam and crank marks are properly lined up). I have been unable to do a successful...
  3. P

Unable to diagnose 1998 Polo "one day no power, unable to idle, VAG-COM has no codes"

Unable to diagnose 1998 Polo "one day no power, unable to idle, VAG-COM has no codes" Hi to you all from a newbie in Australia Got my shiny new VAG0COM to help me track down the problem that suddenly appeared in my Polo. I'm working through the VAG-COm capabilities but there is a LOT there...
Back