Search results

1. G

Service Indicator Manual Adapation

I wrote the identical mileage into both channels and whilst the controller accepted the requests all it seems to do was to shut off the oil service warning, if i'd of seen Don's reply I may have gone a little further but TBH it was just easier to drop the oil and filter at that point, it was...
  2. G

Thanks Uwe I’ve changed IDE00510 to the correct mileage and still showing oil service and inspection due what should I change next ?
  3. G

Hi Uwe here you go VCDS Release 21.9.0: SRI Reset-SRI1.CLB Control Module Part Number: 2K5 920 976 A Labels: .*5K0-920-xxx-17.clb-SRI1 Component:KOMBI H04 1009, Coding:480A001200 Operation: Please select an operation...
  4. G

I've got an issue with our Caddy, bought from VW last year and they said its been serviced and book stamped etc, however it appears they didnt reset the service indicator as it was serviced at an independent not too long before being traded into the dealer who we bought it from To cut a long...
  5. G

Son's 2000 golf MK4 immobilizer activated

This is a complete shot in the dark but I had a similar issue with a Volvo some years ago, the ecu was coming up as bad so we replaced the ECU a with a good tested one, the car cranked ok but would not fire yet we had power at the ECU. The battery went flat so we took another battery out to the...
  6. G

Caddy DPF Issue

I completely agree, but I’ve had 7 of these vans, some with and some without DPF a and never had an issue before, I have a golf GTD a with the same EA288 base engine and DPF and none have ever behaved like this van does. I’ll get the data as VWT6 has suggested and see if that tells me anything...
  7. G

Caddy DPF Issue

Thanks that’s really helpful, it Just worries me that it’s generating that amount of soot in such a short space of time, maybe the filters are so much better that they trap that amount of soot. whilst I understand the whole 25g is the level at which a regen is triggered I couldn’t find anything...
  8. G

Caddy DPF Issue

This morning I took it and and the regen restarted and I drove it until it finished, the regen took i guess about 10-15 minutes, here is tha data which I can see the soot mass has gone down but I dont understand the calculated soot mass at -7.2g ? Can someone with more knowledge than me tell me...
  9. G

A3 8P 2003 Fsi 2.0 No power steering and Random Misfire

I had an a3 some years back that would randomly misfire with low fuel pressure, we finally traced it down to the screen on the in tank fuel pump which randomly clogged depending on fuel level. VW actually were aware of the issue and modified the pump which solved the issue The loss of power...
  10. G

Caddy DPF Issue

Thanks Uwe, the issue I have is that the van had done a motorway run the day before and on the last regen, which was the one before that I made sure it finished. My wife had been complaining that it kept doing a regen every couple of days our old van which had the ea189 with the same use was...
  11. G

Caddy DPF Issue

Thanks for the reoly - the plot thickens a little so based on your info I kept an eye on what the van was doing and going out this morning it started a regen cycle just as i got home so I've read the data as in the scan below, from what I can see its done just 113 miles since the last regen and...
  12. G

Caddy DPF Issue

We have a caddy that the DPF seems to be regenerating every couple of days, its used for short journeys but we've only had it for about 2 weeks as an approved VW used so its under dealer warranty My suspicion is there is either a faulty sensor or the DPF is very clogged, I've run a scan along...
  13. G

Caddy SA Reverse Camera

Today I checked the coding of the unit and it will accept a coding for a low line RVC, nothing changes on the screen but then again nothing is connected, on my golf the screen changed simply by ticking the box that the camera was installed. Does anyone know if thats correct or there is...
  14. G

Caddy SA Reverse Camera

Looking for a little advice here.. Just bought a 2016 Caddy last week and I want to put in a reverse camera, there seems to be some conflicting advice on connecting the RVC to the headunit and even if it will support it, apparently the headunit doesnt support the RVC but you can buy at great...
  15. G

MIB PQ Colour

My soldering leaves a bit to be desired ! I was hoping someone was gonna say the LED colour was software controlled as it is on the aftermarket stuff
  16. G

2009 Caddy, Trying to replace instrument cluster with Touran clocks

I may be wrong but having had a lot of these units apart the immo board is secured to the back of the main board in the cluster, I have in the past swapped the boards from one cluster to another so you can start the vehicle what I don’t know is if the boards are cross compatible from the...
  17. G

MIB PQ Colour

I have a question regarding the above unit, I’m picking up a newer 2016 caddy this week that has the standard small screen colour screen on it, the dealer says app connect cannot be enabled and the unit doesn’t have navigation so I’m faced with possibly having to retrofit a MIB PQ unit, the CP...
  18. G

SKC From Bin File

I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction I need to add another key to my sons 2010 Polo 6R as he's managed to lose one of them, I'll then use VCDS to code up the new key However my SKC retrieval tool is busted (long story...) I've used one of my other tools to read the bin file...
  19. G

Compressor Failure

Im just trying to diagnose a compressor failure on a caddy, the compressor isnt working but im trying to figure out if its just the solenoid or the compressor itself. It has the clutchless Sanden PXE. The car originally had a G65 fault which ive repaired and regassed the system and I can see...
  20. G

Caddy Flashing Immo Light

Hi Hopefully someone may have seen this before but I'm a little perplexed by this one as it doesnt make sense Picked up a 2006 caddy last week as a fixer upper, starts and runs OK when I got it the guy said there was a wiring fault with the cluster and it didnt work, went through the wiring...
Back