Search results

1. V

MK7 Golf Estate, CAN-Gateway, Battery type info

So the drop down list that I posted above is generated by VCDS & not pulled from the car's BCM data?? Therefore how do we know what the BCM on any particular car supports???....Is it a case of submitting each option & if the BCM spits it back at you it won't accept it??.....I was hoping maybe...
  2. V

How do I reset or activate wastegate actuator on CHPA 1.4lt TSI MK7 Golf

Sorry I've not replied earlier as I've not been on here for years & have not been getting email notifications either... That engine is completely different & so is the turbo/wastegate setup compared to mine..yours might have an adjustable rod on the WG actuator...
  3. V

I'm updating this thread as its still found easily via Google etc... Looking at various info on the web from late 2019, it appears that the setting of "Binary- AGM" is incorrect for a standard AGM battery as factory fit AGM batteries are coded as "Fleece". So I changed mine to "Fleece" & also...
  4. V

HEX-V2 red LED flashing & asking for "reboot"

Bit of a FUBAR here …. I use the same laptop for VCDS as I have for the past 7yrs, all use, updates etc, & spec has not changed in the past 3yrs. I have used my current V2 cable on it flawlessly since I got about 1yr ago. Current problem is I hadn't used the laptop for a week (I have a big...
  5. V

2014/15 MK7 Golf, MQB, ACC system faults

Car is September 2014 build and 2015 model MK7 Golf Estate, GT spec, with loads of options & UK market, & has never had these faults before & never had any faults with the Radar unit, since I bought the car new 3 1/2yrs ago. This thread is a tricky one to start as the fault codes have been...
  6. V

WARNING about G17 Ambient Temperature Sensor, VW Golf MK7

A few days ago I drove my car (2015yr VW Golf MK7 Estate) out of the garage & noticed that the outside temperature reading was high (+8C) when I know it was less than +4C. During the drive (1hr) the reading got steadily higher & when I got to my destination it was showing +20C as the outside...
  7. V

How do I reset or activate wastegate actuator on CHPA 1.4lt TSI MK7 Golf

As per title, how do I reset or actuate the turbo wastegate electronic servo actuator? Car is a 1.4lt TSI CHPA engine Euro spec 2014/2015 model. Reason is that these stick as the pivot joint between the turbo & actuator rod is to tight, so I undid mine & wet sanded it clean (2000grit & oil) &...
  8. V

Disable orange light on driving mode button

**This is for a MK7 Golf**..sorry forgot to put in title.... Basically I want to turn of the function that the driving mode selection button (by gearstick) turns from white to orange if you have the car in any other mode other than normal. Effectively making the button light up white only I...
  9. V

Basically having a look through the channels under "adaptions" as was doing a full ad-map list for another member & noticed under the CAN-Gateway (19) module the following adaption channels: (1)-Battery adaptation-Rated battery capacity,59 Ah (2)-Battery adaptation-Battery technology,EFB...