Search results

1. 3

2013 VW UP! no crank no start

ok so we have SUCCESS !!!!! yay thanks all and @NEtech Big thanks for all help and assistance and insight So here's what I did with the engine running from starter solenoid short I tried to do the adaptations, clutch, clutch pressure bite point and gear lever initialisation - all failed I...
  2. 3

Hi Awesome info thanks will give it a try asap
  3. 3

Hi here is a video of the engine running if I bridge the starter motor solenoid to battery positive, so the starter motor, fuel pump, engine ecu etc are all working fine here is a video of the car being unresponsive to the key, so I can start and run the engine but without the ignition...
  4. 3

Hi MartinsX Thanks for reading ok so last question first, the clutch is also operated by an electric motor, in vcds you can open and close the clutch and the electric actuator presses on the thrust bearing arm, this i can watch visually happening when under the car and also the basic settings...
  5. 3

Hi on key turn in ignition the radio dims out, as on other cars to preserve power but there is no click / starter noise at all just a flashing red N and the no start no crank I can move the throttle body from vcds, I can actuate the vvt as well and I can trigger the fuel pump from vcds if I...
  6. 3

Hi yip thats my thinking the gearbox only has a speed sensor on it, a 3 wire hall sensor to measure rotational input shaft speed of the gearbox, there is no neutral or reverse light switch, all those positions are derived from the electric motor actuators that the controller positions and from...
  7. 3

Hi Thanks for reading Yes, I have done some of the basic settings, some of them complete successfully some never complete, I can only guess that the ones that never complete are due to me simply not having the info of "what order or sequence" to perform the basic settings in as there is...
  8. 3

Hi @NEtech Any other ideas on this ? What parts must I inspect / strip ? heres a video of the actuator connected to the car and being triggered via vcds As can be seen the ecu's appear to have control of the actuator and that routine is "centering" and the rest position is neutral, i have...
  9. 3

hi all any other ideas on this ? what do i need to do to make the basic settings stick ? help please
  10. 3

latest update i have swapped between the old gear actuator and new one and back to new one in the car with no change i followed the procedure in basic settings to remove the unit and to install in position Any other ideas or what else to check ? help please before i burn this damn thing
  11. 3

Hiya Anyone ? Any ideas at all ? help please
  12. 3

Hi @NEtech Thanks for the reply and help As to the gear selector (on the gearbox) The unit on the gearbox was my first suspicion and I replaced with a brand new one out the box and nothing changed To remove the old one, I used VCDS basic settings to put the old unit in a certain position...
  13. 3

Hi all @NEtech was the channel map of any help ? any other items / downloads etc I can do ? any other suggestions ? cheers
  14. 3

Hi @NEtech Here is the channel map csv output Please have a look and let me know what else you might need from the car ? Cheeers and thanks ;SW:0CT-927-750-A HW:0CT-927-750-A --- Auto Trans ;Component:SQ100 H10 0013, Coding:000120 ;EV_TCMSQ101011,004010,EV_TCMSQ101011_004.rod...
  15. 3

Hi, all connectors are clean, shiny, no corrosion and no misplaced pins (all pins of similiar size are at a similiar height, bigger pins are at a different height) I dont have access to erwin, that pic hasnt come through, from the name of the pic I take it to be the gearbox actuator unit but...
  16. 3

cool, thanks for that, will be at the car in the next day or so and do that, the TCU / ECU does seem to be UDS if that makes a difference ? I have checked all connectors in engine bay for tightness, corrosion and chafing, I also replaced the gearbox actuator assembly with no change when I...
  17. 3

ok thanks for clearing up the reddirs isnt an issue I have searched everywhere for a sniff of info on this issue and I haven't come up with anything, I have tried what seems to be logical steps in the basic settings options but they dont complete successfully, so I never get close to being able...
  18. 3

Hi team Help please I have a 2013 VW Up! 1 litre 3 cylinder, with the Automated Manual Gearbox, (Think of it being similiar to a BMW SMG) this is mechanically identical to the Seat MiiGo and probably a few others within the VW / Seat / Audi family The little thing doesnt want to crank and...
  19. 3

How to get Verified

Legendary thanks
  20. 3

How to get Verified

hiya Registered and followed the video, please let me in Thanks