Search results

1. coconutaudi

2011 A6 C7 with ESP and EPC warning light

It’s an original Audi part. I’m very sure of it because I bought it from my regular vw/audi parts seller. The seller replaced the faulty unit after much persuasion as he initially didn’t believe me that the brake light switch was defective. It’s definitely not a CRAP.
  2. coconutaudi

Thank you guys. My problem is solved. I replaced the new brake light switch with another new one. When I pressed the ignition on, the ESP warning light immediately disappeared. After a one hour drive neither the ESP nor the EPC came back. I think it’s a fix. VCDS has correctly diagnosed the...
  3. coconutaudi

In other words you are saying the brake light switch is bad?
  4. coconutaudi

However those readings are totally opposite of what you are saying. My mistake again the signal wire reads 0.476v not 4.76v. Apologies. Those reading are taken when the pedal is not pressed. Even after pressing the pedal the readings (ground 0.001v, +13.25v and signal 0.476v) remain the same.
  5. coconutaudi

My car is a reconditioned unit imported from UK. Apart from manufacturing and importing new cars my country also imports reconditioned car from UK and Japan. I had a bmw e39, a mercedes w211 and now an audi all reconditioned cars imported from UK. They are fairly good cars despite the...
  6. coconutaudi

Yes I’ve noticed only the last 0 from all eight zeros changed to 1. So the last two zeros should changed to 11 simultaneously to say that the brake switch is ok?
  7. coconutaudi

Or did the voltage readings taken confirm that the brake switch is faulty?
  8. coconutaudi

Voltage at ground is 0.001v, at the power 13.25v and at the signal wire to ecu 4.76v. This is when the car is running. My mistake, wire 4 is actually the +ve not 3. 3 is the signal wire. One thing I’ve noticed is that wire 4 at the fuse point has no power when key is off despite being connected...
  9. coconutaudi

Apart from checking the fuse, I did'nt take the voltage reading. I will do that and get back to you. Thanks again.
  10. coconutaudi

Hi PetrolDave thanks for the reply. This brake switch although has 4 pins it is only connected to 3 wires. I do have the wiring diagram and it shows pin 1 to Ground, pin 3 to power (fuse checked) and pin 4 to ECU. Correct me if I'm wrong. From what I can understand the ECU needs to know that the...
  11. coconutaudi

I did check the measuring block and the last digit changed from 0 to 1 whenever I depressed the brake. So I think the brakelight switch is ok. The engine module keep saying getting implausible signal from the brake switch though.
  12. coconutaudi

Hi Crasher,, I did not touch the pedal at all when installing because the brake switch is not located at the top of the brake pedal. This caution is mentioned in the installation instruction. When inserting the brake switch into the slot I heard the audible click of the three tabs engaging and...
  13. coconutaudi

Thank you,, Bruce. It may well be the wiring. From the wiring I have it has 3 wires one +ve, one ground and the other one presumably the signal wire goes directly to the ECU. I'll look into it. Thanks again.
  14. coconutaudi

Hello there my car is still having this problem now despite replacing the brake light switch as indicated in ABS Brakes Module. I managed to clear the EPC fault but couldn't clear ESP. After the EPC is cleared it will come back after 20 minutes of drive and the rpm will increase to 1000 at...
  15. coconutaudi

Difficult start after short stops/ when engine is hot - 2011 A6 C7 3.0 tfsi

Hi Allan, I did try to press the throttle pedal as you’ve suggested just in case, but it made no difference. The engine will only start after 4 or 5 cranks. I have no problem starting it in the early mornings. Thank you for the suggestion. I did some research and the culprit could be either the...
  16. coconutaudi

I did the fuel pressure test and at idle the fuel rail pressure was around 37000 hPa and within 2 to 3 minutes after the engine shut off the pressure went up to 66000 hPa due to the heat soak. I guess we’ve eliminated the fuel pressure lost as a possible cause of the problem. Thanks Uwe. It...
  17. coconutaudi

Hello, the problem is that whenever my car is up to running temperature and after that I have to stop the engine for a short while like when filing up at petrol station, the car won’t start immediately as usual. I need to crank a few times before the car will start again. If I parked the car...
  18. coconutaudi

Error 22: condition not met/wrong sequence or something like that

This is the J431 wiring diagram that I have: There are 2 Can Bus Wires at pin 2 and 3 which go to J533 and finally to J519. I cannot see any LIN bus wire though. Wires in Pins 16, 17, 18 and 19 go to the left headlight range control motor while wires in pins 15, 20, 21, 22 go to the right...
  19. coconutaudi

Every input is valuable Sebastian, thanks again. Now to get my hands on the diagram which can show me the data wire.
  20. coconutaudi

Thank you Sebastian, I guess I have to get the wiring diagram to determine which are the can bus wires which go from the module to both headlights.