Search results

1. manicslothpdx

Power Seat Button Test?

Sadly, my car was briefly stolen a few weeks ago. Luckily, it was recovered about 1 week later (thank you immoblizer!) but a box of old parts, including the other seat modules, was taken. My VCDS cable was also stolen, which was the main monetary loss other than needing to have the ignition...
  2. manicslothpdx

Power Seat Button Test?

I do see Address 36 in some older logs. Is it safe to say the memory module is probably toast? I am just so confused why they might keep dying. I had a pro wiring guy at a car stereo shop help me originally, and we used a Kufatec retrofit harness made just for this mod. After the first memory...
  3. manicslothpdx

Power Seat Button Test?

I retrofitted power/heated/memory seats into my MK4 Jetta a couple years ago. Unfortunately, the driver's seat keeps going dead every few months. VCDS intermittently shows a code for the memory module, but I am now (potentially) on my 4th module if it needs to be replaced. As a troubleshooting...
  4. manicslothpdx

US MK4 Jetta Upgraded to 4Motion

I need to re-test to determine the exact number of clicks, but after reading the previous comment, I think the issue is that the status isn't changing when I click the "Start/Next" button. However, if I click the button enough times, I eventually get to the final "Output Test Sequence Complete"...
  5. manicslothpdx

Should I get more info when running these output tests for "AWD" then just these two messages separated by a 3-4 minute delay? I click the start button and it says: "Precharge Pump OFF" Then, after a few minutes of no other visual changes, it says: "Output Test Sequence Complete" Where my car...
  6. manicslothpdx

To close the loop on this, moving the jumper wire fixed the issue! I now have working 4Motion! Thanks for all the help.
  7. manicslothpdx

I was able to find wiring diagrams and compared them. The ABS module connector is identical on a Jetta and an R32, except for a single jumper wire. On a 4Motion Jetta and the R32, there is a jumper wire between pins 14 and 39. On a front wheel drive Jetta, there is also a jumper wire, but it is...
  8. manicslothpdx

I may have been going down the wrong rabbit hole after all. You mentioned this a couple times, and I kept it in the back of my mind but was trying to avoid having to deal with any wiring issues. However, Graeme in Australia found an ancient Vortex thread and sent it me. It sounds exactly like...
  9. manicslothpdx

I understand. I guess what I was trying to say is that if I could verify that an EDC16 was used in a 4Motion car, even a different model like a Passat, then maybe that meant it could be tuned to support 4Motion (or, more specifically, this 4Motion ABS module) in a different model like a Jetta...
  10. manicslothpdx

I've been doing some digging, and it looks like the EDC16 was used in the 2003-2005 4Motion TDI Passat, not that this really helps me. And, I found some scans in older Ross-Tech threads, but they have the same coding as I do anyway: 0150031. Maybe I am not on the right track after all. Or, maybe...
  11. manicslothpdx

Malone responded to my 4Motion question. They're asking if I know what the coding *should be*. How I might determine this? The popover I see in VCDS doesn't show the numbers for "All Wheel Drive" or "6-Speed Manual Transmission." My Bentley manual doesn't seem to have the programming info for...
  12. manicslothpdx

Ok, cool, thanks. I finally feel like I am getting close and it hasn't always felt that way. VCDS has been invaluable though because I've been able to remove a ton of variables and validate that everything can now talk to everything else. Even though it's not technically a VCDS issue, I will...
  13. manicslothpdx

I was just reading my Bentley manual, and it also shows 23046 and/or 23174 as the correct coding. I also came across this line in the Scan Tool section: “3. Specific ECM part numbers will only recognize the values listed above as valid.” Does this mean I need an appropriate ECM/ECU? If so, is...
  14. manicslothpdx

Thanks, I will look into this. I will say that that I tried every coding combo using the UK-MKIVS thread as a starting point, and no other codes were accepted. I tried using the numbers for every brake size: 0023046 = Out of Range 0022534 = Out of Range 0023047 = Out of Range 0023049 = Out of...
  15. manicslothpdx

Is there any chance the ECU is blocking this? I am probably reading too much into this, but should the popover in my VCDS show options for 4Motion and/or 6-speed manual when looking at the Engine coding? I can't find anything to which to compare this:
  16. manicslothpdx

I've been using a PartsLink24 account during this project, and the only three part numbers for ABS controllers that are also for ESP and 4Motion are: 1C0907379F 1C0907379P 1C0907379N "F" is right hand drive. "P" seems to be what was used in the US R32 but it also is listed for a 2004 Bora. I...
  17. manicslothpdx

One additional question I had... I posted a question on the UK-MKIVS forums about coding, and someone with a similar 4Motion car posted their factory coding: 0023046 If both the wiki and the VCDS popover don't show the numbers for "Drive-By-Wire" or "Cable-Throttle" under the All-Wheel-Drive...
  18. manicslothpdx

Yes, this ABS module was used. It's almost impossible to find a new one. There's one on eBay from Latvia, but it's almost $1,100. During this project, I've noticed that it's been getting much harder to find these 4Motion-related parts. I already had to suck it up and buy the 3-sensor G251 module...
  19. manicslothpdx

I have made some progress. It turns out the Haldex controller was somehow on the wrong CAN-BUS. After fixing this, I can now run out tests in VCDS and the Advanced Measuring Values for both ABS and AWS indicate that they can talk to each other (what were 0's are now 1's) and they can talk to all...
  20. manicslothpdx

I should've probably given more credit to the members who thought the ABS module might be bad, there was a wiring issue, or both. Has anyone ever heard of an ABS module accepting coding but after a few minutes, triggering another "01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded" error code? Now that...