Search results

1. Dukedesmo

Forum Hacked!

Yes, that worked. :thumbs:
  2. Dukedesmo

Forum Hacked!

It tells me my existing password is not correct, even though I am logged on by (presumably) using it?
  3. Dukedesmo

Forum Hacked!

Yes, still good.
  4. Dukedesmo

Forum Hacked!

Didn't receive any email, either asking for a donation or a password reset, how do I reset it?
  5. Dukedesmo

VW sporadic oil pressure red light flash

Don't know about your engine but my first port of call for low oil pressure warning would be to check the pressure sensor is working correctly - wouldn't be the first time one failed and a lot easier/cheaper than any engine work. If that checks out then measure the actual pressure.
  6. Dukedesmo

Rear drivers door will not open

The same happened with my Son's Polo. It would make the noise and the lock button would move slightly but wouldn't open. Lock had corroded and jammed and I had to change the door lock, not the easiest thing to do when you can't open the door so I got the garage to do it whilst it was in for MOT...
  7. Dukedesmo

VW T5, autolock

Thanks for the reply, I will investigate further when I next see the vehicle and if it is as reported will try the above.:thumbs:
  8. Dukedesmo

VW T5, autolock

Talking to a friend today, has a VW T5 van and tells me that it automatically locks after a certain time whenever it is switched off and left? (Not just if unlocked but no door opened). Is concerned that, one day may get locked out with keys inside so would like to stop it from doing so. Is...
  9. Dukedesmo

2011 Golf 1.4tsi, Fuel Rail/System Pressure

I did notice that it was warm to the touch but wasn't sure if that was normal or not?
  10. Dukedesmo

Returning to this, for anyone who maybe interested and (hopefully) closure. Car stopped again, twice more in fact but was always OK whenever I got hold of it. One thing in common with all the stops was that it did it 2-3 minutes after having started the car, having checked everything as best I...
  11. Dukedesmo

Further to this, car was fine for weeks but the other night it did the same: stopped dead and wouldn't restart however 5 minutes later it was OK again? Autoscan shows the exact same error "000135 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure, P0087 - 000 - Too Low - Intermittent" but I can not find any fault...
  12. Dukedesmo

Audi A3 2017 - fault codes

Slightly O/T but I wish pre-sense could be disabled on my Wife's Q2. More than a few times it has, for no apparent reason activated the brakes which can be quite alarming. There is a road near me where it is almost always activated depending on the conditions: it's a narrow road, downhill and...
  13. Dukedesmo

Interesting, what & where is J538, so I can check for it being hot?
  14. Dukedesmo

A clean kill, car just stopped dead as if it was switched off but all the electrics working and then wouldn't start, I assume the fuel supply stopped suddenly? but then it was fine when I got to it and was still good today.
  15. Dukedesmo

My Son's 2011 VW Golf, 1.4 tsi stopped whilst driving it yesterday and wouldn't start. I went down to it around 40 minutes after and it fired right up and runs fine. Did a scan and got "000135 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure, P0087 - 000 - Too Low - Intermittent" error, autoscan here...
  16. Dukedesmo

Caddy speed limiter

Late to this thread but found it whilst searching for info on how to remove a 70mph speed limiter on a Friend's T5. I can confirm that, on this vehicle at least, the: IDE02248 -- Individually adjustable maximum speed limit (km/h) is the operational figure. This van had it set to 110 by the...
  17. Dukedesmo

2015 VW T5 Van

A friend was over today with a T5 van, here's a scan for anyone interested. Saturday,03,July,2021,11:27:46:24986 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x86 VCDS Version: 21.3.0.0 Data version: 20210226 DS325.0 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WV1ZZZ7HZFHXXXXXX License Plate...
  18. Dukedesmo

3.2 VR6 (BHE engine code) - blocks 208, 209 VVT/Timing chains

Not sure if it was the chain or the tensioner as they weren't very clear when telling me and they said they would change both anyway as the parts were relatively insignificant when compared to the labour (they told me 16 hours as an engine out job). They 'fixed' it twice but both times the same...
  19. Dukedesmo

3.2 VR6 (BHE engine code) - blocks 208, 209 VVT/Timing chains

I had a 2004 A3, 3.2/VR6 and it suffered the camchain/tensioner failure at a similar mileage to yours. Luckily it was repaired (mostly) under warranty despite being out of the actual warranty period but it took the Audi dealer 3 attempts and a couple of months to get it right. Quite a common...
  20. Dukedesmo

Soundaktor Disable - Golf R MK6

The same worked on my 2014 S4 but, I discovered that it has a fuse which powers only the 'fake noise' module so could pull that out, although it then shows an error on autoscan so I set the volume level to 0% and left the fuse in place. I can't understand why my car even has a soundaktor, it's...