Search results

1. amleeling

Easy German Translation Tip

I have been sifting through the adaptation logs I pulled a few weeks ago, and found an easy way to translate the German. I opened the log file with Excel and then under Review, click Translate. When you highlight any cell that contains any German, Excel will automatically lookup the English...
  2. amleeling

Can't install Alligator

Thank you both for your help!
  3. amleeling

2018 Volkswagen Passat R-Line - Kickdown Basic Settings

I need some clarification please regarding kick down basic settings for my 2018 Volkswagen Passat R-Line (Aisin 09G). I recently had my battery out for a few days while I was replacing my thermostat housing and water pump. I've read that anytime your battery is disconnected you should do a...
  4. amleeling

Can't install Alligator

I have been reading up on creating channel maps and wanted to check out Alligator, but am getting an error about version. I am using the most recent VCDS 22.3.1, and when I downloaded the VCDS label file updater, I get an error saying the VCDS version does not match the requirements. It...
  5. amleeling

2018 Volkswagen Passat R-Line - First Auto-Scan Review

Thank you for the battery testing tips.
  6. amleeling

I changed DSR to 2, cleared DTC and it did not come back. Either it was never coded correctly when I got this car, or somehow it reverted to 0. All looks well now, appreciate all your help! All DTCs are clear except for the satellite which is normal since I don't subscribe to it. I will...
  7. amleeling

That is correct, I have not changed anything in either ABS or Steering controllers. I just looked at channel 003 which is Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) in the 44-Steering module and stored value is currently 0. The little tip bubble that pops up gives recommendations and I am seeing a...
  8. amleeling

Uwe, Thanks for your suggestion. I went ahead and disconnected the inline fuse for my subwoofer at the battery for now. I cleared DTCs and then cycled the ignition and pulled a new scan. It looks like everything cleared except this 01309 Power Steering Control Module (J500) that will not...
  9. amleeling

I’ve been looking further at my issue and I know the morning it first happened was at the 56,345 km (35,011 mi) - it was 41 degrees and I was on the interstate - 4 year old battery and thinking this probably explains what happened. Also forgot to mention a week ago I noticed my cluster had...
  10. amleeling

Hi everyone, I just got my VCDS and need to see if anyone can give me a suggestion on where to start on my first Auto-Scan results. About a month ago, I was driving on the highway with my cruise set and all the sudden my cluster had the EPC lit up, said front assist error, then it said...