Search results

1. C

Trunk only opens from remote after highline RVC retrofit

Hi i have done the RVC retrofit on my Passat a few years back i suspect you don't have a constant supply to Boot (uk) Trunk handle have you tried it with the ignition on or even with the engine running ? While I can't be 100% the above applies to your car as I am not familiar with it i think it...
  2. C

A/C doesn't work

Sounds a bit like you have lost your gas the green liquid is likely uv dye (tracer) possibly it has blown the (PRV) pressure relief valve this would blow on excessive discharge pressure , as for the belt snapping the compressor could have locked up or was the system overcharged originally. I...
  3. C

Skoda octavia Big problem...

Is your camshaft sensor genuine and is the wiring ok as its clearly dropping out
  4. C

Skoda octavia Big problem...

Hi Odd how you have no rpm on the tacho does it work when running or when tested , can you see cam and crank rotations ? also is your lift pump supplying fuel ? If not does it run when commanded i kinda think you may have a fueling issue no expertise on my part here just a guess.
  5. C

VW cc air conditioner

Hi What happens if you clear them ? Does system still contain the Refrigerant charge ? I am thinking of the possibility the codes occurred when the system was being worked on
  6. C

Clock spring query

Hi thank you for your reply I have also seen replacement ribbons on ebay i have considered this as a last resort , I think it is made by valeo I have seen one branded valeo with the same part no. Thanks
  7. C

Clock spring query

Hi i can get it Tested 1 month early so thats next month, however vw have said the part is currently not in production I will likely have to source from abroad . My fear is the new one has different software that causes issues ? Thanks Chillout
  8. C

Clock spring query

Scan attached my question is will the software version be different on a replacement with the same part number and if so will it cause any issues ? Thanks Chillout Sunday,12,February,2017,10:58:05:04925 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x64 VCDS Version: 17.1.3.0...
  9. C

Clock spring query

Just noticed I posted in the wrong section
  10. C

Clock spring query

Hi all I have a noisey clock spring on my 2014 Passat B7 I need part no. 5K0953569AS however it is on back order ! With no estimate on availability, I may have to source one outwith the vw network (Ebay) I wondered if the software version would always be the same with the identical part number...
  11. C

Battery Support Unit Recommendations uk

Hi The end I bought I a Victron energy ip22 30 amp charger, it cost about £170 and can be app controlled during my brake change could see the voltage and current draw of about 12 amps it worked well and was quite a cheap option . Thanks
  12. C

Availability of suitable units seems better in the USA than uk unless want to spend ££££ I have been looking at a Ctek pro25s and also the Sealey 40amp as i am a light user can't really justify the cost of the 100 amp units .
  13. C

Much appreciated I generally turn everything off I would also like to explore VCDS in a bit more depth as not very advanced for my approximately 10 years of use , i also wondered how crucial it is to use Battery support opposed to a suitable Battery charger Thanks Chillout
  14. C

Hi Uwe mostly my 2014 Passat Thanks
  15. C

Hi I have owned VCDS for a number of years I have never used a BSU, however the time has come to replace my rear Pads and Discs (EPB) having watched the excellent and comical Ross Tech Video I think it's time I bought some Battery Support for the task and future use , I have been looking at a...
  16. C

What is the price of a VW/Audi dealership diagnosis in your country ?

I always wondered what the mechanic was paid per hour although the workshop has overheads to cover such as premises, equipment ,insurance & training
  17. C

Cupra hybrid 2021 p1609 in Electric Drive

Any background on the car ? It's not very happy for a delivery mileage vehicle. What happens if you clear the faults ?
  18. C

Reversing Sensors and Tow Hitch

I would probably buy a speaker on the off chance it is faulty as it saves taking the car apart 2 times and they speaker looks to be under £20 on ebay
  19. C

Reversing Sensors and Tow Hitch

Would it not be best to replace the speaker first my guess would be it won't operate at all until that's clear as logically that seems safer than working with no sound
  20. C

What part is this?

its the hood latch micro switch by the looks of it ,it should be attached to the latch last car I did was a skoda yeti when the circuit was open the hood would show as closed and when the circuit was closed the hood would show as open on the MFD I disconnected the switch in my case as it was...