Search results

1. Crasher

Broken HPFP MK6 EA888 Gen 1 - please help

I inspected the tensioner on an EA888 gen 3 in a Leon last week, you could see it was just about to go over to 8 rings.
  2. Crasher

Audi A3 8p 0am DQ200 Error codes P072B P177D

That looks more like Mechatronic failure to me.
  3. Crasher

Audi A3 8p 0am DQ200 Error codes P072B P177D

Have you done the basic settings?
  4. Crasher

Timing gear - sheared bolt ?

Those Lamborghini V10’s had a LOT of problems, the parts prices are insane and an exchange unit from Audi UK is £25000… mind you that is a lot less than the £32000 for a Q8 e-tron battery
  5. Crasher

The tuning map in the ECU, VAG tend to call the MAP sensor a “Thrust” sensor as it often contains the IAT as well.
  6. Crasher

I had that on an R32 turbo conversation I had to sort out, a right mess. It drove me mad with a misfire but no codes. I took the map off and installed a standard one and it immediately showed me a crank speed sender fault. The speed sender wiring had been moved and was trapped behind the turbo...
  7. Crasher

2011 A6 C7 with ESP and EPC warning light

Yes so either a wiring problem, fuse or dodgy switch. The thing is both sides of the switch (F) are powered by fuse 3 in row ST3 of the dash side fuse board. How did this UK car end up in Malaysia?
  8. Crasher

Carless for over 6 months ugh

We have an A1 in today (posh Polo) and that has a dirty great 115 size (BBMA designation) battery in the boot, why such a big battery compared to the 096 in a Passat?
  9. Crasher

Weird Issue with 2018 Audi Q5 heating system.

The valve and pumps are controlled by the HVAC system
  10. Crasher

Help with golf 1.6 CAYC engine wiring loom

Some would say some of your plugs are in the wrong slots... :D One that has caught people out is BDK and BKD, both 2L PD and used in the Golf 5.
  11. Crasher

2006 A3 2.0T FSI - crank, start, die

Holly code wrap Batman (Uwe) There is nothing there to suggest either an immobiliser or ignition switch fault... which is odd given the symptoms.
  12. Crasher

2016 Mk3 Fabia - enable dual rear fog lights

Do you know why there is only one fog light on many cars? In Germany I think it may even be a TUV failure.
  13. Crasher

2006 A3 2.0T FSI - crank, start, die

Crank, start and die is classic immobilser issue. You need to know why and without a code read that is guesswork.
  14. Crasher

I didn't notice the error in the engine code, I just used the VIN.
  15. Crasher

We have a saying "great minds think alike but fools seldom differ"
  16. Crasher

BUT the part number for a new loom is 03L 972 619 A and costs a not unreasonable £377.48 IF they can get one because of Putin and his monsters.
  17. Crasher

Carless for over 6 months ugh

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32533/diesel-brothers-hit-with-850000-fine-for-tampering-with-truck-emissions
  18. Crasher

Weird Issue with 2018 Audi Q5 heating system.

The fault code you have is for a faulty air recirculation flap and little to do with temperature control apart from heating outside or cabin air. The matrix is fed by a solenoid valve and evacuated by dual electric pumps so I would use an infrared laser temp pointer to look at the inlet and...
  19. Crasher

2002 Audi TT, No Boost

They are trouble prone.
  20. Crasher

2011 A6 C7 with ESP and EPC warning light

It should be two digits that change to 1 simultaneously