Search results

1. jyoung8607

2020 US Presidential Election

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-biden-electoral-college-electors-plan-loyalists-swing-states-2020-9
  2. jyoung8607

https://www.axios.com/mail-in-voting-2020-election-christopher-wray-8ba5f3dc-1e5d-4c48-a0c1-4a5fd2ece3aa.html
  3. jyoung8607

Well-played exploit for lack of a qualifying clause. It is against the spirit, but because it's for puppies and kittens, I award you "Best Abuse of Rules" (very apropos, in-character) and you should have an e-card in your email. And I've now closed that loophole in my post and left it open if...
  4. jyoung8607

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Saying that I can see what's coming is very different from endorsing it. I'm not. I'm still alone as the only guy condemning all violence.
  5. jyoung8607

I'm sitting here just speechless admiring these two sentences. It's the maximum density of factual, semantic, legal, and ethical wrong that anyone has ever packed into so few bytes. The eloquence, the brevity... if I ran it through PKZIP I think it would get larger. It's a work of art. I think...
  6. jyoung8607

I really thought it couldn't get worse, but now Trump won't commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses the election. And now Pennsylvania, on September 23rd, is openly talking about setting aside the November 4th election results if they find it convenient. Two hundred and thirty two years...
  7. jyoung8607

Get used to a lot more of that.
  8. jyoung8607

There are a couple possible reasons you don't hear a lot about Biden being corrupt. One could be a massive worldwide conspiracy to keep a lid on it. The other could be, maybe it's not really quite so much a thing as it's advertised to be. That's a step. Thank you. I'd love to rebut that...
  9. jyoung8607

I've not read that report, but I'm glad that you've taken an interest in corruption. I'm sad to say, I have a feeling your interest is very, very selective. Something you can turn on-and-off as it suits your preferred candidate of the moment. I'd like to be wrong. Say "corruption is bad". Can...
  10. jyoung8607

Transfer Box / central differential

Can we see a complete un-edited Auto-Scan with the DTC in question? Based on the DTC text, and some of your other statements, I wonder if it's not a problem with the transfer case and its electronics, but a problem with the indicator lamp or its wiring, even if it's working sometimes under some...
  11. jyoung8607

Auto leveling headlights not fully leveling mk7.5 Golf R

Presentation mode will indeed turn on some more cool-looking wiggling-around at startup, that's what it means. High-beam assist will work either way, but that's not DLA. NAR headlights don't have the shutter for DLA. You can code support for it and it'll sort of look like it's working, no fault...
  12. jyoung8607

Keyboards

LOL, gotta cut 'em off at some point, just like my daughter is cut off from the Volkswagen Dad Extended Warranty program. "killed several Unicomps... usually with wine", though... this is interesting. What manner of shenanigans are going down at this workstation? I've never see her here, is she...
  13. jyoung8607

Mqb

Looks like the hypertext aspect didn't make it through the forum software update. @abbo Here's the link he's trying to give you: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/101/
  14. jyoung8607

Mqb

HEX-V2 should be able to talk to anything in a MY2019 SEAT with any reasonably current version of VCDS. Can you post a complete Auto-Scan of your vehicle, and then tell us what you're trying to do that's not working? Once we see your Auto-Scan, we can probably tell you if you're trying to...
  15. jyoung8607

Mqb

Short answer: Yes. :D Long answer: New firmware comes out frequently for all sorts of different devices. Perhaps you could add some detail to your question.
  16. jyoung8607

Keyboards

I've owned three. First one was PS/2 and had no Windows key, but I fell back in love with the Model M style for the time I used it, so when PS/2 stopped really being a thing, I got a second one with USB and a Windows key. It gave me good service for many years until it fell victim to a beverage...
  17. jyoung8607

W12 Overheating slowly

Agreed. Replumbing a BAP for non-heavy-duty cooling is perfectly valid, that's why I think this will work. The only problem is, one of the three hoses you'd need for replumb involved is NLA (different from the one you had a problem with). The only component that would become truly "BRP" parts...
  18. jyoung8607

W12 Overheating slowly

I have a generic Schwaben one as well. I used it on my ATQ (V6 30V) Passat a couple times, it's nice to have, but I knew right where the two designed-in factory bleed points were (one screw in a metal pipe, one tiny hole in a metal hose barb you expose by backing off the hose) to fill it up...
  19. jyoung8607

Golf Mk7 Steering Fault

HEX-NET or HEX-V2 would be nice, but on a Golf 7 facelift GTD I think you're only missing 4B and the two or four headlight controllers behind it. Rain + 44 missing == electric power steering rack is feeling very sad and quiet today. Check fuses first. I don't have my docs handy but EPS draws...
  20. jyoung8607

W12 Overheating slowly

Very good work on debugging leaks in the system. Failure to pressurize can definitely result in overheating, so that was critical. You kind of sent me down a rabbit hole on PL24. Not your fault, I'm unnaturally susceptible to that sort of thing to start with, and my ears perk up in a really...