Search results

1. M

Taycan / e-Tron GT crash data (HV Battery)

Did you get this fixed?
  2. M

Rs7 with Brake Issues

You will need a pressure bleeder for sure. The test will auto cancel when the correct procedure is done ie straight followed by turn left then right or similar; check this out in the workshop manual
  3. M

2009 A6 parasitic battery drain

You can buy a small tester made by Sealey tools and possibly others that has probes you use to touch the 2 point on the fuse without having to remove the fuse itself and then wake the module back up when its reinserted. Really useful tool. Displays shows current draw across the fuse.
  4. M

B8 S4 Sport Differential Fault

Was the pump new or used? Used; there is a pump repair kit available which might solve pressure issues if all other avenues of adaptations dont work. I think its more of an issue with adapting the sensors in the right procedure. MRC- i think your in good hands. like you said most places would...
  5. M

Re the AWD; the diff module has clutch coding imprinted on it using a 'dot' type writing so it can be read 'if' its not corroded too much. And yes getting under the car will allow you to see them. iirc yours is a new diff so should easily be readable. I dont think it can be done with vcds. Odis...
  6. M

As far as i can see the original gearbox faults were referring to the selector sensor not reading the correct gear and not the gearbox ecu/mechatronics unit. could be wrong
  7. M

ODIS is not a user friendly interface that some people think it is. When replacing the awd control module odis needs to read all the original parameters from it and then it will say fit the new one. It then transfers details across and even then it does not do it fully. You then have to enter...
  8. M

Rs7 with Brake Issues

Pretty sure there is nothing there when i tried to do mine last year
  9. M

Rs7 with Brake Issues

That will get 'bled' out when new fluid is forced through the reservoir
  10. M

Rs7 with Brake Issues

You have air in the abs system for sure. You will need to cycle the abs pump which vcds can not do. use a pressure bleeder to get most of the air out followed by the 2 man method as well. Get you pedal as firm as you can and then either go for a drive and activate abs a few times and rebleed. OR...
  11. M

2015 S8 Manifold stuck

Thanks. Tried the 3k rev and bank 2 shows nothing on movement so im thinking its either vac unit, solenoid or potentiometer; all of which are fitted to the manifold :-(
  12. M

2015 S8 Manifold stuck

Well awd module was replaced, tried a used one and ODIS could not reparamatise it. Fitted a brand new one and was a pain readapting it to the car. Had to re input the HEX values directly stamped on the diff for it to work.
  13. M

2015 S8 Manifold stuck

Am i correct in assuming that if it had a leak it also throw a code of some sort for the intake?
  14. M

2015 S8 Manifold stuck

Plan is to inspect the manifold and replace the sensor and vac unit using the repair kit audi sell, problem is getting access to the manifold without dropping or lowering the engine.
  15. M

2015 S8 Manifold stuck

Bank 1 moves ok bank 2 shows no movement at all; stays at 0%
  16. M

2015 S8 Manifold stuck

Tried a used 4wd module but no joy coding it back to the car. ODIS online could not re parameterise it. I thought a used module should have worked ok? Vac lines ans supply all test out ok.
  17. M

2015 S8 Manifold stuck

B8 engine is different to this version on the S8/R8 S6/RS6/7 models. The intake manifolds are the ones buried deep down by the legs and exhaust is in the 'V'. Then they managed to put the vacuum units below the manifold just to make sure you cant get to them never mind see them.
  18. M

2015 S8 Manifold stuck

Got this S8 in and fault is showing the manifold flaps stuck closed on bank 2. Ran some tests and shows no movement on bank 2 flaps so assuming that the vacuum unit needs attending to or replacing. Problem is that they are buried deep down below the manifold by the chassis legs and can see...
  19. M

Very Sick RS6 Xtreme

I think you need to take a deep breath and go through all coding changes that you have made by going through debug folder and check if anything has been changed at the time when you realised the fobs stopped working. If not then 1 option is to recode every module- not easy and easy to miss...
  20. M

Very Sick RS6 Xtreme

Copy your old coding from the first scan you posted back into module 46 and recheck. If it works then great. Re-enter coding changes incrementally whilst checking that the remote works. If it fails to re-enable it then do the same for other modules ie 5F,19