Search results

1. NZDubNurd

DSG 0am Issues after transmission swap

Oh yeah, plenty of euro spec models: the higher power (103 KW+) Golf 1.4 TSI and it's "offspring", like the Touran and Audi/Skoda/Seat models on the PQ35 platform. Some lesser powered versions were only turbocharged... but they still had the timing chain issues but a bit less of the piston...
  2. NZDubNurd

DSG 0am Issues after transmission swap

A bit like the awards the 1.4 twincharger got too...
  3. NZDubNurd

ATTN : Car manufacturers

Man, I'd love that motor in my Wifes Touran. Solid, OK consumption, OK power. The FSI stuff on her NA 2.0 is just bullshit to meet "regulations", but it's drawbacks outway it's benefits. It makes nice torque, but more complicated than it's worth. She only uses about 10% less gas with her 2.0...
  4. NZDubNurd

Ukraine

I have a 3.9 V8 Land Rover Discovery 1... :D and actually, you're probably STILL right!
  5. NZDubNurd

Resolved Fault Code 17695 N249 Open Circuit

I want that sticker, for my Disco!!!
  6. NZDubNurd

anyone else having trouble with the forum today ?

Have you turned it off and on again??? :D
  7. NZDubNurd

Audi a3 ABS Pump Problem (MK60)

I'd check the coding is correct in all other modules. Without knowing the history, you don't know what's been changed. Certainly things have been dicked with - the Immobiliser isn't reachable in the scan, so I can only assume the ECU has it deactivated? Perhaps the cluster fault is from that...
  8. NZDubNurd

The Airplane thread

Those are my favourites! I landed (with help) on the hospital I work at. Then took off from there and played around and landed a couple more times. If we'd had more time, I wanted to fly back to the hospital and crash into it, for fun :D
  9. NZDubNurd

The Airplane thread

Are Whirlybirds allowed in here? I do some work for our local rescue Helicopter organisation and got to use their flight simulator - built from a Tsunami damaged Sikorsky S–76. It's NZ Civil Aviation Authority approved for certain Pilot flying hours too. We went as a family: Myself, my Wife...
  10. NZDubNurd

VW cc 2011 ac compressor

The compressor is either seizing, or jamming. Was there chunks of old compressor in the system? Did you fit used compressors? Did you replace the condenser and dryer and flush out the entire system before gassing up?
  11. NZDubNurd

Fuel Trim at Altitude

The altitude shouldn't affect the trims, as the air is less dense, so the MAF measures less air mass (not volume) going in and the ECU should fuel appropriately (or close enough). -11 percent is a fair chunk of adjustment. Are you at altitude now, but aren't normally there, or is the car...
  12. NZDubNurd

Advice on weaponry

13. NZDubNurd

YAW SENSOR (Lateral acceleration) RESET

The first fault code will stop it being able to perform basic settings. You need to check the wiring, but those sensors have been known to fail fairly commonly. They get dry joints inside... which can be resoldered... but it's a sensor for a safety system too, so should probably at least be done...
  14. NZDubNurd

Brake light switch touran golf mk5

There isn't a brake light switch fault showing? What is the actual problem you're having? Have you changed ABS types? The ABS in the scan is a "ESP FRONT MK60" version, which Is more likely to have come from a Touran, than Caddy? The Caddy often had no ESP. I would suggest coding it all...
  15. NZDubNurd

The Airplane thread

ummmmmm...
  16. NZDubNurd

Brittney Griner ? fair and square or sham trial?

If she'd come to NZ, our softcock prime minster would have said "Oh dear, poor darling. Go home and think about what you've done." Of course, everything Uncle Jacinda is involved in, is a complete dumpster fire but she's not bright enough to work it out. That's why the place is turning to shit...
  17. NZDubNurd

Resolved GTI steering rack into GOLF R

It's also saying there is no communication with the Angle Sensor too. They may have sensors in different locations like some of the older models???
  18. NZDubNurd

Random Videos

I'm pretty sure we could make a really long list of stuff they've done that's WAY dumber than that :D I mean, it's not a problem if you don't have to fix it....:thumbs: Oh yeah..:facepalm:
  19. NZDubNurd

2010 Audi a6 Quattro Brake change

Lots of VW/Audi cars have a pressure bleeder recommended. It's intended to be used when using the bleed procedure for the ABS unit on MK5 based cars. I did it on my Touran and the pressure and the automatic fluid replenishment make it get plenty of fluid flowing out of the bleed nipples. The...
  20. NZDubNurd

US MK4 Jetta Upgraded to 4Motion

It's a sequential manual test. When you click Start/Next the first time, it should display the Pre-Charge Pump Off, then you click again, it powers up the pre-charge pump and says Pre-Charge Pump On, click again and it does the releif valve the depressurises the clutch system, the same as when...