Search results

1. SwissJetPilot

Audi TT Mk2 (8J) - Roadster Roof Flap Adaptation message - "Refused by Control Module"

One of our Audi TT Forum members has been experiencing problems with his convertible top operation. I recommended that he purchase a VCDS (which he did) as the Roof Flap Servos (RFS) are generally responsible for 95% of convertible top failures. Sure enough, he came back with this and two other...
  2. SwissJetPilot

2007 Audi TT (8J) - Coding Hill Assist Possible...?

Is there a possibility of coding the Hill Assist feature in my 2007 or was that even an option for the early Mk2's? If available, would the coding be under 02-Auto Trans or 03-ABS Brakes? I'm guessing this is a drop down somewhere under an Adaptation option...?? Note- The title should be (8J)...
  3. SwissJetPilot

2007 Audi TT (8J) Tourist Solution for Xenon Headlights - Is there a work-around?

As noted in the comment below, "Note: Only supported for 8P0-907-357-C @ 0020 or newer!" Is there a workaround for this? Can early Xenon lights be set another way? This might not be an issue in North America, but for those of us to traveling back and forth from the UK to the European...
  4. SwissJetPilot

Audi TT (8J) ABS Address-03 Wiki Page is Missing Recommended Links

Can anyone from Ross Tech provide the two missing hyperlinks on this Wiki page? We're trying to track down the fault code 18055 and ran into this problem - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/18055/P1647/005703 Both links for the Audi TT (8J) are missing any information. Should we assume...
  5. SwissJetPilot

2007 Audi TT (8J) Missing Label File for Address-08 Auto HVAC / Climate Control

As stated in the title, I can't seem to locate the label file for the Audi TT (8J) 08-Auto HVAC. I've found the following for the Mk1 (8N) TT (8N0-820-043.lbl) but I can't seem to find a similar file for the Mk2 (8J). According to SSP380 "The air conditioning system of the Audi TT Coupé ‘07...
  6. SwissJetPilot

How to Set the Alarm Settings - Address 46 Central Conv., Measurement Block 20 "Alarm Sources".

Trying to install an OEM alarm system into a 2008 Audi TT (8J) that doesn't have one, and I need to know which values should be set and how to change the settings. Under Address 46 - Central Convenience, looking at Measurement Block 20, there are four fields for "Alarm Sources". From the VCDS...
  7. SwissJetPilot

Audi TT (8J) Glass Break Sensor -G304- Fault Code 01403

I just wanted to share this with the Forum for anyone else who gets fault code 01403 for the Glass Break Sensor. After the plastic panel below the rear Coupe window was removed, it was found that the leads from the sensor had been intentionally cut. Possibly because the sensor was faulty and...
  8. SwissJetPilot

What is Thatcham and what does it mean "Thatcham inactive"

This topic just came up in the UK TT Forum and the question is - what is it and why or why not should this be selected? I can't find it in my codes for a 2007 TT Roadster, however it may have not been an option for that year, or it's buried under an Adaptation list and I simply can't find it...
  9. SwissJetPilot

Audi TT Mk2 (8J) - Tow Bar Installation and Connector Wiring for a Thule Bike Carrier

Evidently the Audi TT Mk2 was never rated by Audi for towing. However a company called GDW Towbars (https://www.gdwtowbars.com/) has manufactured a tow bar specific for the Mk2. According to the GDM documentation, this tow bar has been certified for use on both the Mk2 (8J) Coupe and Roadster in...
  10. SwissJetPilot

Audi Mechanic Recommendation in the Munich (Germany) Area

As the title states, I'd appreciate any recommendations for a trusted and reliable Audi mechanic in the Munich area who knows their way around a 2008, 2.0 Audi TT (8J) Mk2. As the TT Forum I help support is based in the UK, we do have ex-pats across Europe who are often asking for a good local...
  11. SwissJetPilot

2007 Audi TT (8J) 3.2 VR6 - Cam Adjustment Valves (Solenoids) N206 & N319

2007 Audi TT (8J) 3.2 VR6 - Cam Adjustment Valves (Solenoids) N205 & N318 Couple of questions - 1.) Which Measurement Blocks are assigned for N205 and N318? 2.) Is it possible to perform a test to verify they operate correctly with VCDS? VCDS posted, but no faults. :) Cheers! VCDS --...
  12. SwissJetPilot

Audi TT (8J) 2007 - Checking Timing Chain Tension on 3.2 Engine

Recently in the TT Forum UK, the discussion of failed chain tensioners came up. Evidently the early "H" version tensioners were prone to failure leading to chain jump and catastrophic engine failure. There's a class action lawsuit in federal court in New Jersey on behalf of consumers who own...
  13. SwissJetPilot

Audi TT (8J) 2007 - Setting DRLs and Dimming Parking Lights

I have a German spec 2007 3.2 Quattro Roadster and recently replaced the OEM DLR bulbs with LEDs. In addition, I've changed the DLR setting to "Scandanavian" so the tail lights are on too. So now when the car is running and the DLRs are on - 1 - DLRs come on and front parking light comes on 2...
  14. SwissJetPilot

VCDS Module for Audi TT Mk2 (8J) Roadster [26-Auto Roof] Group Codes

For any Audi TT Mk2 (8J) owners who are trying to sort out their failed soft top, this post on the UK Audi TT Forum should help. There's also a link on how to R&R your flap servos, probably the most common reason for soft top failures. It's actually a pretty simple fix and can probably save you...
  15. SwissJetPilot

New VCDS User - Come Visit Us at the Audi TT Forum UK

Hello to other VCDS owners and users. Just wanted to share with you an Audi TT Forum hosted in the United Kingdom that has a ton of information to help you sort your TT problems and upgrades. From re-coding your RNS-E so you can add a reverse camera to learning how to re-code LED DRLs or sorting...
  16. SwissJetPilot

Audi TT Mk2 (8J) - Replacing OEM P21W DRLs with LEDs

For anyone who has purchased the P21W LEDs to replace the OEM DLRs bulbs, most have discovered that after installation, you'll get an error code. This will happen even with "CAN-bus compatible" LEDs due to the factory settings in the controller. There's no need to install a resistor, simply...
  17. SwissJetPilot

Manual Closing of the Audi TT (8J) Convertible Top and VCDS Related Issues

Here's some additional help for anyone with a failed top: http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1347177 Further soft top assitance is available here: http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=622842 If you're a roadster owner, you should also be aware of SSP 391 which...