Search results

1. jyoung8607

Ukraine

https://www.politico.eu/article/head-amnesty-international-ukraine-quits-report-kyiv-war-tactics-russia-propaganda/
  2. jyoung8607

VW Up 2018 1.0 MPI - persistent 'City Brake' error

LOL no need to feel embarrassed, the NSF is odd/unique with its little FCW/AEB-only city emergency brake camera instead of using radar. If that GVL entry still won't die, power-cycle the car (disconnect battery). I've had stuff like that, that wouldn't die after removing modules, had to reboot...
  3. jyoung8607

MAS05734-Reducing stopping distance: install. Yes ^^^
  4. jyoung8607

The only thing that's actually complaining (besides the odd presence of A5 in your GVL) is your instrument cluster. The cluster may have its own coding options to enable/disable reception of the AWV (stopping distance reduction) message, look there. In other news, the presence of 69: Trailer on...
  5. jyoung8607

Ukraine

That's exactly what we wanted you to think.
  6. jyoung8607

Ukraine

It's me.
  7. jyoung8607

Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health

I believe that my wife will take care of all the thinking for her body, and my daughter will take care of all the thinking for her body. Loved ones in my extended family have required this sort of healthcare. You are not entitled to their identities and your thoughts on their circumstances are...
  8. jyoung8607

I have learned, over the years, that you are very clever with your wordplay. I have learned that when cornered, you are very fast on the trigger with your Sartre Exit, and then you proceed to take what you feel entitled to. A thief doesn't require I do a damn thing... except sit there like a...
  9. jyoung8607

Mmm hmm. The correct answer. We'll have many new conversations, you and I. They'll be over topics we've covered before, but this time I'll come as an equal citizen instead of your supplicant. I look forward to it.
  10. jyoung8607

Let's unpack. First, let's straighten your words out. Next, you knew that (statistically) almost all abortions done in the third trimester is for wanted but nonviable pregnancies. If not, you've been reminded by the reports coming out of Texas and Missouri and other places, where women are...
  11. jyoung8607

You wrote of a willingness, intent, and thus-far unrepentance in your dispatch of armed government agents into my wife and daughter's OB office, in circumstances of your pleasure. We will not comply.
  12. jyoung8607

Well this is awkward, because I've not gotten my family armed in order to join the Kyle Rittenhouse admiration society... ... I've done it to revoke a number of the entitlements you and a few million of your friends take for granted over me and mine, starting with this one.
  13. jyoung8607

Auto leveling headlights not fully leveling mk7.5 Golf R

I strongly suspect the connector will be the same, but I can't say whether the factory harness would have the extra wires present. Those are assumptions; I've not checked wiring diagrams because I never got that deep into the project.
  14. jyoung8607

EV Thread

Visited a friend in San Diego a couple weeks ago, got a ridealong in two Aptera Motors prototypes, this one and an AWD test-mule. Solar-electric spaceship? Yes please. Why? Because this is America. Biggest problem is figuring out which car to sell to make room in my driveway.
  15. jyoung8607

Advice on weaponry

It's complicated. For the smaller ones, like raccoons that came for some of our chickens a few years ago, we live outside the city limits proper and it's legal to shoot. It's a suburban area and you need to be *damn* careful about lining up what's downrange, but it can be done. Even if not...
  16. jyoung8607

Advice on weaponry

This particular one will probably move to our temporary place up north. Long story short, we're undergoing a very slow and gradual relocation to the outskirts of Akron/Cleveland, and my wife spends more time up there alone than I'd like. The lack of a truly separate safety would just freak me...
  17. jyoung8607

Advice on weaponry

First of a few to arrive. Wife and daughter are *very* eager to learn how to ... "ventilate raccoons". My sons too, but have to prioritize for a little while this week. Owner of the small gun store was having a confusing day. He had a couple of those ultra cringeworthy Trump-Rambo...
  18. jyoung8607

Advice on weaponry

We shall not.
  19. jyoung8607

Phaeton Comfort Tippblinken Count

Scraping the memory banks here, there was something odd about that block. I believe a bunch of people tried it along with @PanEuropean back in 2004 and it didn't work, but I feel like maybe it worked on later model years. You might be out of luck on your 2004, or at least, nobody found a way...
  20. jyoung8607

OpenPilot

Yeah, but the model drives on the view from both front cameras now. The intent is to actually drive with all three, to supplement the blindspot radars with a peek out the side windows, but that isn't happening yet. A better FoV demo from the Tail of the Dragon -- front narrow vs front wide cam...