Search results

1. Mike@Gendan

2020 US Presidential Election

I agree with the principle that people who support one side should feel a democratic obligation to vote, but making it a legal obligation could be counter-productive, and fraught with difficulties. You sound like you are reasonably politically 'engaged', so you probably have a reasonable idea...
  2. Mike@Gendan

That's often the case - It's unfortunately the nature of the "first past the post" system. If you don't vote for the winner, your vote counts for nothing. I personally still vote just-in-case, but where I live in the UK (Swansea East constituency), the Labour Party have held the seat by a...
  3. Mike@Gendan

But the more devout Christians are not going to want people to be required to vote on the Sabbath, particularly as it would require polling staff to "work" on the Sunday. Saturdays on the other hand are still a work day for a considerable proportion of the population, and a lot of people not in...
  4. Mike@Gendan

There's one thing I don't understand about Trump / the Republicans consistently complaining about mail-in ballot fraud. I've not heard anyone (correct me if I'm wrong) allege that the Democrats openly encouraged their supporters to exploit loop-holes / failings in the system in order to get an...
  5. Mike@Gendan

Ivanka Trump as the first female POTUS? God help us... 🙄
  6. Mike@Gendan

You appear to be assuming politicians act in the best interests of the nation, and not their own self-serving agenda? :rolleyes:
  7. Mike@Gendan

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-won-election-ballots-count-supreme-court-biden-b1581628.html
  8. Mike@Gendan

Shiny New Forum Software!

Has the RT logo at the top of the page changed its link? I'm sure it used to load the forum front page, but now loads the main RT homepage? The way it was done on the old forums (with a separate "Ross-Tech Home" link) seemed more intuitive to me. Most forums are broadly similar navigation wise...
  9. Mike@Gendan

Vehicle Diagnostic Protection SFD

Maybe there should be a mouse-over tip on the forums for "security" in quotes - I'd suggest "profit" or "money-grabbing" :rolleyes:
  10. Mike@Gendan

Mqb

To register a 2nd hand interface in your name you mean? Yes, Ross-Tech charge $99 USD for that. With the old HEX, KEY or MicroCAN interfaces you could do so via this product in their store: https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vudot/ I think with a HEX-V2 or HEX-NET you just submit a new...
  11. Mike@Gendan

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Scoop: Rimac set to acquire Bugatti https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/bugatti/vw-group-rimac/
  12. Mike@Gendan

Keyboards

If you spend long enough in IT jobs, it becomes second nature to type by touch, even if not doing it the 'official' way. That said, due to a medical condition I largely have to type one-handed now (and with the wrong hand), so I'm spending more time looking at the keyboard than I used to...
  13. Mike@Gendan

Keyboards

...but if you touch-type isn't all of that wasted? 🤔
  14. Mike@Gendan

General Corona Virus Discussion

I find this sums up the idea quite well:
  15. Mike@Gendan

Private messages are conversations - click the envelope icon to the right of your username on the top menu bar. For subscribed threads click "Forums" on the left hand end of the menu bar, and select Watched Threads from the drop-down menu.
  16. Mike@Gendan

Oooh, it even shows a little red dot against it if you have notifications - fancy!
  17. Mike@Gendan

Very minor issue, but the new software no longer appears to have a favicon.ico associated with it? Could be worth copying the one across from the main RT site?
  18. Mike@Gendan

Forum Software Migration

You could theoretically use an htaccess mod_rewrite. You should be able to search for forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?[numeric value] ...and rewrite to forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/[numeric value] Edit - Looks like @Santos already fixed it!
  19. Mike@Gendan

Blocked Restricted IP Addresses? - Not New Forum S/W Related

Have you tried using another device (PC, smartphone etc.) on the same internet connection, to discount the possibility of it being something on that specific PC?
  20. Mike@Gendan

Funnily enough I just got my host to enable autoSSL to address that, but as it's been too long since I posted I can't edit the URL of the image