Search results

1. T

WTF Emissions DELETES! The smelly Garbage can dumped on Motorsports! WTF

Exactly what I was getting at.
  2. T

WTF Emissions DELETES! The smelly Garbage can dumped on Motorsports! WTF

Watching the nine month old video I understand many probably won't like the views of the EPA, but like the presenter of the video says, we all breadth air. The other side of the coin is that the presenter of the video is not old enough to go back to the days when we had diesels without any form...
  3. T

A/C pressure readings?

Can you not just compare your temperature and pressures via a chart...
  4. T

Golf 6, 1.6TDI Injector problem-rather urgent matter

You must have some form of local trade around your area. Call into a shop and ask if they have VCDS and then see if they will provide you an auto scan.
  5. T

Golf 6, 1.6TDI Injector problem-rather urgent matter

Over here in the UK pubs and clubs have a lock down in force between 10.00 pm and 5.00 am. Better check with Uwe and ensure that his bar is open for business :)
  6. T

Space saver wheel vs full size space saver wheel and tyre

I've seen many and not thought too much about them, so a part from the wheel and tyre size being larger, the speed restrictions being the same, why have a full size wheel and tyre and restrict its speed capability?
  7. T

Latest software download operation

Hello, I wonder at the possible next update if it could be possible to allow the software to open up to full screen capacity! Its a bit of a nuisance to keep walking back to the computer to read the small screen. Thank you.
  8. T

Not asking for the Silver Bullet

I've been asked to look at a Golf VI and am being told that injectors are a common problem! I have no experience to say that they are common or not, hence asking. I've completed an autoscan and two faults stand out to me. [9838] Injector cylinder 2 circuit fault [N31]. [9772] Internal control...
  9. T

Porsche Cheyenne

Hello, Before I take the plunge and become involved, can VCDS do a service light reset on the above vehicles or should I send him off to the dealers? Thanks
  10. T

Happy New Year

Good morning to all members, Happy New Year to you ALL, and I hope you all didn't get too drunk here last night. :D
  11. T

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to everyone :)
  12. T

Major problems resetting password

Having repeatedly followed the instructions to reset my password after a computer change I am struggling to get to the bottom of why the software advises the changes have been changed, but every time I log out and log in the password is incorrect? Please advise Thanks
  13. T

VW Passat 2008 TDI BKP engine

Hello, I'm kind of hoping that somebody with VW experience can help me out with a crankshaft sensor and MRE ring. A long story short; Our boss diagnosed the crank sensor faulty because the Passat would not start once the engine warmed up. The crank sensor on this model is not easy to access...
  14. T

VW Passat 2008 TDI BKP engine

I have the above none starter, I've been told to change the crankshaft sensor. After removing the water cooled oil filter housing I have gained access to the sensor, which is deeply recessed into the cylinder block. I have managed to put a 4 mm long Allen key into the bolt head and tried to turn...
  15. T

Tesla latest ideas!

Probably to prevent them bouncing off bridges :D https://electrek.co/2019/01/08/tesla-detect-issues-autonomous-service/
  16. T

Merry Christmas

and not forgetting a Happy New Year to all members :)
  17. T

VCDS 16 PIN data lead

I was thinking recently (Dangerous I know) about the length of the data lead that came with the VCDS kit I bought. When using a laptop you can get the laptop into and up close to the diagnostic 16 PIN data connector in vehicles, but my current PC is now not a laptop but a mobile diagnostic...
  18. T

VCDS Communication

Not sure if VCDS or vehicle related fault at the moment? VCDS software bundle 18.2.1 I think but it normally updates automatically... VW Transporter 2007 model chassis 7H Tried to complete an autoscan twice and the end result does not seem to suggest that any communication is taking place...
  19. T

VW Polo 3 cylinder 2006

I did an mot (Road Safety Inspection in the UK) last week on the above, the polo failed regarding exhaust emissions (Part of the mot in the UK) later that day the boss had one of the other lads complete a service to the car and changed the spark plugs and ignition coil(s). I am to understand...
  20. T

VW Caddy ABS Pump Fault year 2006

Please advise, we have a ABS pump that is faulty and VCDS will not communicate with it, we have changed the ABS pump and VCDS now communicates, the problem now is we cannot recover the old code from the old ABS pump, is there a way round this. The autoscan just advises that no communication is...