Search results

1. Crasher

Air control system location

Me too, she makes me go and fill it up on a weekend.
  2. Crasher

General Corona Virus Discussion

Therein lies the problem, if an organisation/government etc laid down the absolute truth and facts about a contentious subject, some people would still not believe them; you will never convince a serial conspiracy theorist as they really don’t want to believe.
  3. Crasher

It is going to be very interesting in a few years time when studies have been made and inquiries concluded and the facts are known BUT as with all contentious subjects there are those who will never believe the truth no matter what... it's what we got for closing down metal asylums and replacing...
  4. Crasher

wife... listen... to her husband? :D what do we know?
  5. Crasher

How to do a forced dpf regen

It is something I read and have said to me all the time and really irritates me. The other day I told a customer he needed a new DMF and clutch pack system on his DSG and the cost would be around £1700; the reply was that it was nearly half what he paid for the car and was not worth it. Firstly...
  6. Crasher

PMs

No, please… we will pay; we will borrow billions to get rid of him as he is want for “green” projects… it may cost us less!
  7. Crasher

I disagree with everything you say but will fight to the death to protect your right to say it.
  8. Crasher

Replaced module, more errors

This is the nightmare of used electronic parts, I refuse to do it anymore… makes me stressed.
  9. Crasher

2004 audi a3 3.2 quatro

When people use erWin for the first time in the workshop information area I suggest they buy a day rate as it gives you lots of time to search, ask, download and save… you will get quicker at it. The nice thing about the ODIS side is it does not time out unless the car is changed so you can drag...
  10. Crasher

That is very unlike you Seb… ;)
  11. Crasher

AGM battery condition

Over lockdown(s) I have found AGM batteries hate going flat and being revived but as VAG UK have been pushing Yuasa we had been fitting lots of them, very single 9000 AGM we fitted failed, about 50% of the 5000 EFB’s and a disproportionate number of 3000’s. Interestingly we also fitted quite a...
  12. Crasher

I caught COVID at the end of January 2020 I suspect at the Autosport International show at the Birmingham NEC where I spent all day with people from all over the world including China and Italy; two weeks later I was floored by something like flu (I had the flu jab three months before) and still...
  13. Crasher

Took me a moment there to work out it was a Toerag, not used to your MAR market VIN’s and I don’t recall ever working on a petrol Toerag, all fuel of the Devil here. The idle air control is performed by the throttle body, these can get dirty inside and if the battery is disconnected or goes...
  14. Crasher

The problem with that is in the VAG system that comes with a health warning “vehicle may burn down”.
  15. Crasher

Didn’t sleep well, arm sore, body hurts, upset tummy… oh hang on that’s normal.
  16. Crasher

PMs

If like me you are a Conservative and voted for someone you thought was going to implement traditional Conservative values and instead you get some loopy tree hugging lefty woke lunatic who goes on about Brum Brum motor cars and Peppa Pig, FFS yes, definitely something to worry about.
  17. Crasher

PMs

I can send you our PM if you like, he is nearly as bonkers as Biden and at least he has age as an excuse, Boris is just a nutter!
  18. Crasher

Had my third jab today, the Moderna version. It will be interesting to see if it makes me feel like I have flu for 6 hours 24 hours later as I did with the Pfizer
  19. Crasher

Audi TT MK1 1.8T AUQ random overheating

Unfortunately it still causes fretting as people cling to the 90 reading as a sign of hope and stability, not realising it reads 90 for a real 77 and is still reading 90 at 116 so when the engine does overheat it causes panic and misinterpretation as "the gauge suddenly shoots up". VAG tried...
  20. Crasher

Did they do the clean or farm it out?