Search results

1. PetrolDave

ABS Coding Lost epidemic?

Is it just me, but my impression is that there have been many more threads recently about lost ABS coding on a whole range of VAG vehicles? Any thoughts as to why this may be? Or is my impression just plain wrong?
  2. PetrolDave

Wiring VW #72 intermittent rear wiper relay?

Spoiler alert - working on non-VAG vehicle! I'm trying to add intermittent rear wipe to my non-VAG city runabout (Citroen C1) and have been recommended the VW #72 timer relay. One arrived today but I don't have a wiring diagram so looking for some help. It has 4 pins: L 15 31 53 If anyone...
  3. PetrolDave

New vis4vag Forum?

Just noticed that this new (empty) Forum https://forums.ross-tech.com/forumdisplay.php?64-vis4vag has appeared - is this a product that Ross-Tech now endorse?
  4. PetrolDave

Lost ABS coding surge?

To me it seems there has been a surge in recent months of requests for a lost ABS coding from many members. This isn't something I can recall seeing requested much over my many previous years as a member here. Does anyone have any reasons/thoughts/comments why there has been this surge in lost...
  5. PetrolDave

SA code for 5Q0-909-144-R?

SWMBO has a habit of trying to park with the steering wheel nowhere near straight, but once stop-start has kicked in it's almost impossible to turn the steering wheel back to straight so that the steering lock can engage. So I thought in 44 Steering Assist (J500) I'd try to change the...
  6. PetrolDave

So what did the Skoda dealer break?

When I took my Skoda Octavia to the dealer for it's annual service & MOT I also asked them to fix a failed front parking sensor - see Auto-Scan below made on July 2nd. Monday,02,July,2018,14:39:23:40444 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 18.5.2.0...
  7. PetrolDave

HEX-NET won't communicate - VCI Config crashed while updating CB

After downloading and installing VCDS Beta 18.7.1 I ran Config which said my HEX-NET needed an update from CB 0.4427 to CB 0.4430 so I clicked on update and left it running. After an hour (I was busy doing some DIY) I came back to find that VCI Config was shown as Not Responding and the...
  8. PetrolDave

Link text?

I can't see an option to show alternative text when I post a link (just link type, protocol and URL), but some manage it e.g. when including a link to how to post an Auto-Scan. So what's the trick?
  9. PetrolDave

get this fault code every couple of months or so...

Since I purchased my 2015 Skoda Octavia 1.4TSI Elegance Combi used in July last year I get this fault code every couple of months or so. I clear it and eventually it comes back. Address 01: Engine (J623-CHPA) Labels:. 04E-907-309-V1.clb Part No SW: 04E 906 016 F HW: 04E 907 309 A...
  10. PetrolDave

VCDS Mobile iPhone App & iOS 11?

Apple have announced at the recent WWDC that iOS11will no longer support 32 bit Apps - one of which is VCDS Mobile. Will the iOS VCDS Mobile App be updated to 64-bit in time for the release of iOS11? And what about those of us on the Apple Public Beta program? - if we update to an iOS11 Beta...
  11. PetrolDave

HEX=NET Update "Registered to:" Address?

I've recently moved home and have update my profile on here, but my HEX-NET still shows my old location. How can I update the "Registered to:" location that appears on the VCDS-Mobile About page?
  12. PetrolDave

Swap USB/Aux to MDI on MIB1 Amundsen(Discover?), what coding changes?

I'm trying to replace the USB/Aux In connections on my 2015 Skoda Octavia III (MQB) with the MDI input. It's fitted with the MIB1 Amundsen (Discover?) infotainment unit (5F). I've got the hardware I need (new lead from MIB1 to MDI socket, MDI socket and center console trim) and the lead came...
  13. PetrolDave

16.8.2 - Speed & Crashing Problems

I updated to 16.8.2 from 16.8.1. earlier today and then wanted to change some adaptation channels on the 09 BCM of my 2015 Skoda Octavia. The first thing I noticed was that 16.8.2 is MUCH slower, then I noticed that VCDS had crashed. VCDS crashed a total of 3 times before I was able to change...
  14. PetrolDave

Entering HEX value in upper case?

Yesterday I updated the firmware in the 5F entertainment system of my 2015 Skoda Octavia. This is an Amundsen (Discover) system 5E0 035 874A. All went well (but took over 40 minutes) until I came to update Adaptation Channel "IDE02502-Confirmation of installation change" to remove the SVM fault...
  15. PetrolDave

MQB Infotainment screen upgrade only?

Does anyone know if it's possible to use a Discover Pro (8") screen with a Discover (5.6") unit, or in Skoda terms a Columbus screen with an Amundsen unit? Looking at the wiring diagrams it appears that the screens have the same connections, pinouts, etc. But are the signal levels and protocols...
  16. PetrolDave

Is "White Space" Expensive?

Many posts seem to consist of one huge paragraph with no capitalisation or sentences and no gaps to separate different comments/thoughts. These posts are REALLY difficult to read, sometimes I just don't bother as I get lost on the maze. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE use white space (spaces, newlines...
  17. PetrolDave

2015 Skoda Octavia 1.4TSI Elegance

Here's a scan from my recently purchased 2015 Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI Friday,12,August,2016,16:29:30:40444 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 8.1 x86 VCDS Version: 16.8.0.3 HEX-NET CB: 0.4321.4 Data version: 20160803 DS255 www.Ross-Tech.com Workshop Code: 790 73430...
  18. PetrolDave

Cannot Update BL to 0.27

I have my HEX-NET (HN1-000429) connected to my Windows PC (running W8.1) with a USB cable and am running the HEX_NET Configuration Utility V2.014. I've been able to update: CB to 0.4309, FW to 0.238, CFB to 0.10 and DS to 10000039. But I've tried to update BL from 0.26 to 0.27 several times...
  19. PetrolDave

Hex-Net attaches to BT Home Hub but not Netgear R7000

I've been struggling to get my HEX-NET to attach to my home WiFi network for several days. I have BT Infinity (VDSL) which arrives to a BT Home Hub 5 that produces both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi networks that we don't normally use as one of the 1GB Ethernet ports connects to a Netgear R7000...