Search results

1. hadez16

Audi Q3 F3 Rear lid unit - adaptation problems

Hi Ross-Tech, In german forums an interesting thing came up on a Audi Q3 F3. The rear lid control unit (6C) does show adaptation channels but none of them is accessible. A CSV Adpmap is completely empty. We wantred to change the RV_Start_Mode. I only have german VCDS stuff available, sorry...
  2. hadez16

Search function

Hi all, Hi NE-Tech, what about a search function / search text field for label texts inside LCode? When I enter "trailer", all bytes are colored where the string was found for any bits? Exploring zFAS cameras with 85 byte of coding is not that much fun ;) Cheers
  3. hadez16

Outdated MQB Gateway data for MY2020?

Hi All, as this is international ground, I assume I'm allowed to speak about deactivating Start Stop system for MQB cars. Everyone is confused as since MY 2020 the normal way via adaptation channel in Unit 19 does not work anymore. To be more precise, Gateway SW-PartNo 3Q0 907 530 AA was the...
  4. hadez16

Basic Settings on UDS Units and why VCDS fails

Hi all, Hi Ross-Tech, It came to my attention that VCDS is not the best tool when it comes to Basic Settings on modern UDS units. Other colleagues do have similar experiences regarding complex basic setting procedures that go beyond "Start lighting basic settings" and "Quit basic lighting...
  5. hadez16

Suggestions for label improvements

Hi Ross-Tech Crew, I encountered a few interesting things regarding coding labels over the past months that I would like to share. Propably some of this information could be incorporated in any next release... Audi A6/A7 4G, door units Adresse 42: Türelektr. Fahrer (J386) Labeldatei...
  6. hadez16

CodingCompare Tool finally localized

Dear Community, I'm very happy to announce that my little tool for comparing Codings and Auto-Scans is finally localized and available in english and it does understand VCDS Auto-Scans created with the english Version. The application has two different faces. Mode 1 is starting the...
  7. hadez16

Enable HBA on MLBevo cars

Hi all, this script applies to all new Audi MLBevo cars like Audi A4 B9 It enables the simple High Beam Assist when absolutely no headlight assist is equipped. StartVCDS() OpenUnit("A5") TestComponent("BVS",1) ;coding does not apply on ultra new zFAS cameras like VW Touareg 3...
  8. hadez16

Enable Trailer Assist on MQB cars

Hi all, the following script is a one-clicker to enable the Trailer Assist on MQB cars just by coding. This was already successful coded on a VW Passat B8, VW Tiguan AD or Golf MK7.5 Requirements are of course a trailer hitch, a Trailer Assist capable rear view camera and of course a PLA 3.0...
  9. hadez16

Enable HBA on MQB cars with existing A5 camera

Hi Guys, I'd like to share an example script for enabling the High Beam Assist on MQB cars that already have the A5 camera. StartVCDS() CheckForUnits("A5",1) OpenUnit("A5") TestPartNo("3Q0 980 654",0) ChangeCoding("21:5","") CloseUnit() OpenUnit("A5") TestPartNo("5Q0 980 653",0)...
  10. hadez16

VCDScripter for automating coding tasks

Dear Community, It was already announced and released in the german VCDS community but I'd like to share it also with the RoW/NAR community. The VCDScripter to automate coding tasks The idea is to have an easy scripting language to write automation scripts that direct VCDS to do what you...
  11. hadez16

LCode crash on new MLBevo camera

Hi all, There seems to be a new front camera in MY19 MLBevo models where the coding is 85 Bytes long.. LCode crashes when you try to access the last bytes, respectively is not able to display all the bytes. @Niels should be interested in this I think :) I attach a german Auto-Scan of a VW...
  12. hadez16

Diagnostics Firewall

Hi all, I've read the release notes for VCDS Beta 18.7.2 (http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/download/beta/current.php) and took notice of: What the heck is this? Cars by factory have some kind of a diagnostics protection? For what purpose? And what cars do have such a protection in detail? Cheers
  13. hadez16

VCDS Easter Egg found?

Hi all, from time to time I encounter a little text box when connecting to a unit. It is not there by standard and I cannot tell when it appears or not. It's in the bottom right and called "VAG-1551 Function". I know that VAG-1551 is this archaic diagnosis Enigma machine...what does it have...
  14. hadez16

Changing diagnostic session

Hi all, there exist already a thread about a special S12345 Login for 5F units in order to activate some channel in another diagnostic session. http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?6079-Developer-Mode-Access-on-MIB-units/page4&highlight=session My link points directly to a non-answered...
  15. hadez16

2018 Audi RS3 Sportback (DAZA Engine)

I'd love to have some coding labels for the engine. In addition I cannot find any measurement values for the exhaust flaps. An S3 Facelift does have more information regarding exhaust flap status. No assistance systems except Cruise Control ;) Perhaps there will be some more information added...
  16. hadez16

Adaptation map improvement

Hi all, Hi Ross-Tech, I deal a lot with adaptation maps and there is one thing that bothers me somehow: When you create an adaptation map and there is some login missing that covers for example 20 channels, then these 20 channels are completely not present in the output CSV because their value...