Search results

1. D

0AM 7 speed DSG - wont complete basic settings

Anyone have any ideas on why a basic setting won't complete? 0AM DSG 7 speed gearbox - Audi A4 1.4 TSI twincharge Came in with a slipping clutch We have fitted a new clutch pack and flywheel and come to do the clutch adaptions and basic settings but it wont compete. Starts off like normal once...
  2. D

Audi A3 2011 - ABS Coding (MK60EC1)

Hi We have an Audi A3 brought in that had a second hand ABS unit fitted (the old one was in the car but when plugged in has no communication with it) Can anyone help with an ABS coding for this car? Friday,09,October,2020,16:17:51:06091 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows...
  3. D

Hex-Net Problem - VCDS Cloud - interface not found

Hi We are having a problem with our HEX-NET - It works fine apart from at random times it reports HEX-NET is talking to VCDS Cloud (It always used to say this if you plug it into a car and try to scan quickly but leave for 5-10 seconds and would work fine) but now this pops up while doing an...
  4. D

Scanning very old ABS units - mk2 Golf

Hi Can anyone give us a hand on scanning a very old ABS system Car is a 1990 VW Golf G60 Limited VW Golf G60 Limited by DG Motor Services, on Flickr There are the old 2x2 connectors but one black (Power) and one Blue (Though this was L line??) (Only has 1 wire to the blue) Plugging in VCDS...
  5. D

VW Golf MK5 - 2.0FSi 4WD - fitting a 2.0TFSi engine

Morning We have a customer that has blown the engine in his MK5 golf 2.0FSi BVX engine (2006) 4 wheel drive He brought a 2006 2.0TFSI (BWA engine) bodywork damaged VW EOS We have removed the engine and done the engine swap (Which was quite straight forward as both were same style FSi engines)...
  6. D

2005 VW Transporter - 2.5Tdi PD

Hi We have a VW Transporter with an uneven tickover when warm I've been checking all the readings and the KW reading in MVB 04.4 seem very low at -4.9 Has anyone got an acceptable range for this please? Cheers Toby ;SW:070-906-016-BA HW:028-101-166-4 --- Engine ;Component:R5 2 5L...
  7. D

The Old 65535 - Airbag fault code

Morning, Think Ive just been unlucky but carrying out a full scan on a 2001 VW Beetle has caused the airbag light and a 65535 Fault. Beetle had a lateral Acc sensor fault (01423 - Lateral Acceleration Sensor (G200)). Fitted the new sensor started the car and did a full autoscan, Set the...
  8. D

No ROD file - VW T5.1 2012 2.0 TDI

Im having a issue with this 2012 T5.1 Transporter, I cant reset the service light because no ASAM data or rod file found in 17- Instruments Can anyone help? Cheers Toby Wednesday,16,May,2018,14:33:49:06091 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version...
  9. D

Airbag coding VW Beetle - Fixed but info for you guys

VW Beetle Needed new Airbag ECU - used the suggested coding by VCDS and was rejected (Out of range) - So used ODIS and online connection to get the correct coding. Old Scan Monday,16,April,2018,14:26:48:06091 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x64 VCDS Version...
  10. D

Audi A6 - 2010 - 2.0TDi - non start

Hi We have 2010 - Audi A6 - 2.0TDi It was towed in as a non start (Been looked at by 2 garages but couldn't say what had been done!) - faults were stored with ignition switch (E415) and steering column ECU (J518) - These were replaced and programmed in (Using VAS6154 and Geko access)...
  11. D

ETKA or ETOS - Parts Bulletin how to access

Hi, On looking up parts on ETOS it sometimes give see parts bulletin (x-xx) but I cant find any way to access them? I've asked my local TPS centre they say they cant access them either? How do you get access to them? Cheers Toby
  12. D

VW Golf 1.6TDI 2012 - Stop start not working

Hi We have a customer with a 2012 VW Golf 1.6TDI, They have said the start/stop system has stopped working some days, One day it will work fine then next day wont work. A complete autoscan shows no codes (Scan is a little old but this was when we checked for a fault)...
  13. D

HEX-NET unable to talk to engine ECU (HEX-CAN works fine)

Hi, Not sure if this is a bug or car issue? Seat Ibiza 2008 BWX engine HEX-NET wont scan Engine ECU Thursday,09,November,2017,08:35:48:06091 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x64 VCDS Version: 17.8.0.1 (x64) HEX-NET CB: 0.4407.4 Data version: 20170721 DS276.2...
  14. D

VAG-COM lead

Well the trusty lead had given up the ghost, after 15 years (I'm sure it was brought in 2002) Hope you don't mind me posting up some PCB pics (Thinking the lead is so far out of date now! but remove if you want) PS - it missing some resistors as I had to heat it up to remove the hot...
  15. D

Audi repair times?

Hi Has anyone got access to the Audi repair times? Ive tried looking on Elsapro (Erwin) but they dont seem to list book times for independent workshops. Audi S6 - WAUZZZ4F7AN055580 Need the book time for chaging the knock sensor? Elsapro list removing the bumper, radiator and intake...
  16. D

2005 VW Phaeton - TPMS removal

Hi, We have a customer with a Phaeton that has changed his wheels and wants the tyre presure monitoring system removing, He has removed the fuse for TPMS ECU but the car still thinks it has it fitted. The CAN Gateway is in the dash pod and has 3 numbers stored for each CAN network - Adaptions...
  17. D

Audi A3 - 2006 - 2.0TDI - Lack of High RPM power - Solved

2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDi BKD engine code. Car was brought into us with a high rpm lack of power. Customer reported it had been to other garages with suspected ECU software fault. A full scan showed some ECU’s have been messed around with as the brake pressure fault is stored - but there no...
  18. D

Audi Q7 - Non start problem

Hi We have got a customer with a Audi Q7 2007 3.0TDi. The problem is he has a very intermittent starting problem, when it wont start the car only cranks for 2-3 seconds and then stops cranking. If the car is going to start it cranks for 12 seconds or so (Doesn't take this long to start...
  19. D

Factory ECU software updates - Options?

Hi, We currently use VCDS for all VAG diagnostic work, Quite a few jobs lately have needed Software updates to cure know problems (Which we have sent to the local dealer) My Questions are, do anyone here offer software updates (Along side using VCDS)? If yes what tools do you use? Ive been...
  20. D

VW Passat - 3C- 2007 - G201 Basic settings

Hi We have a 3C passat in with various fault codes, Story is the car had a caliper fault and the garage fitted a new caliper - From then on it had all these other faults appear. It now been dropped off with us to fix! Quick Scan show these faults: Monday,12,December,2016,15:27:27:62916 VCDS...