Search results

1. NZDubNurd

Throcking it ...

Sometimes, you get so pissed off with something, you have to "go postal" on it's arse, if nothing else, to feel better! I have recovered from this a little, but it really got my goat! It was FAR more succesful than the time I got miffed with something in the garage and hit a bit of wood with a...
  2. NZDubNurd

OT: MK5 cluster hex addresses

Off Topic - not VCDS related at all, but I know some of you guys are as weird as meeeee! so I've posted this in general repair :D: Uwe: feel free to move, REmove etc, if you see fit :cool: Does anybody have the hex address map for the EEPROM binary (.bin) file from a MK5 instrument cluster of...
  3. NZDubNurd

MK60 ABS blockage?

Do'h! I think I broke R32ran... During some "spirited" driving, the ESP and traction control was activated. I parked for a while and then ever since, the right rear brake hasn't been working! I've run the Basic Settings group 1 and bled the ABS under pressure through the 2 front brakes, then...
  4. NZDubNurd

16.8.3.1 vs 18.1.0.2 : Status: INTERFACE NOT COMPATIBLE for 00 Steering Angle Sensor

I took my oldest laptop with me when buying the "bluran" 2006 Touran 2.0 FSI I hadn't updated VCDS on this laptop, so I did it after buying the car, and getting back to my friends house, then rescanned: What's up with this: 18.1.0.2 00-Steering Angle Sensor -- Status: INTERFACE NOT COMPATIBLE...
  5. NZDubNurd

Golf 1K MK5 engine interchangeability

VW have quite a bizarre engine code arrangement! How do you even know which base engines are the same? Lots of manufacturers have a base engine code, with option identifiers. There appears to be a number of VW/Audi engine codes, which are basically the same engine (but not always!) with...
  6. NZDubNurd

IAT temp OK, until engine starts, then -48C

Hi guys, A little help please :thanks: this is related to my R32 Touran conversion, so there is some total FOD, Jack ;-) AUtoscan: Monday,05,September,2016,15:35:26:42165 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x64 VCDS Version: 16.8.0.3 (x64) Data version: 20160803 DS255...
  7. NZDubNurd

Fuel pumps: FSI vs port injected (low pressure)

Hi Guys, Anyone know if the FSI low pressure pumps (in tank) are basically the same as a standard port injected pump? I want to run the FSI pump in the R32 Touran conversio on 12V straight, instead of the PWM signal they normally have. Are they still just a 12V motor in the pump? No the end of...
  8. NZDubNurd

Electric Steering Rack interchangability, Touran, A3 8P, mk5 Golfs etc.

Hi everybody! I've been asking Uncle Google, but I have a limited time opportunity! I'd like to know the Steering Rack interchangability between some of the MK5 Golf based cars, and their Audi cousins. Rack Part numbers DO interchange between brands, but I don' know WHICH factors may introduce...
  9. NZDubNurd

24v VR6 / R32 cam trigger changes

This is related to my Touran > R32 conversion: Can I replace a 2006 mk5 R32 BUB engine, with a BDB from a 2004 A3 8P 3.2? Are the cam triggers the same? It seems they both use the same black cam position sensors, before the R32 changed to the small grey ones in 2007. I'm using the loom and...
  10. NZDubNurd

Map Controlled Thermostat

Hi all, Just wondering about our 2006 Touran, with the BVY 2.0 FSI NA engine. It has the Map Controlled Thermostat system, and I'd like to fit a standard thermostat. I've done it to our BMW, and it logs a code, but doesn't turn on the MIL. From what I can find, on the Touran ( basically the...
  11. NZDubNurd

Access Codes

Another question from me :-) Which manuals contain the module access codes? The Bentley's? genuine VW etc? I have "A certain DVD manual", but haven't found anything so far, but might be looking an all the wrong places :p
  12. NZDubNurd

Controller Module Mapping

Hi all, The engine ECU in my Touran comes up as "Redir Fail!" under labels. Whats the MOST helpful way to map the module, and send it to Ross-Tech? In the Wiki (Control Module Maps), it says to use either of the two options: Autoscan with debug level 2, or map the individual module (this...
  13. NZDubNurd

NZ - Touran wants an R32 engine

Hi all, I haven't recieved by cable yet, but it cleared customs today, so should be here very soon! So far, the newest VW I have personally owned is an '84 T3 Transporter (Vanagon), but have owned many older ones. We also have a 2013 T5 Transporter for work: 2.0 BiTdi, 6 speed LWB, high roof...