Search results

1. iichel

Copy pasting long codes

Hi all, I've noticed a few difficulties from users when they are copy-pasting a long coding from the forum to the VCDS. https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/24701/#post-213134 https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/24660/#post-212803 After they type the coding manually, it...
  2. iichel

U0140 No comms with BCM after MFSW install - Polo 6C

I have a customer here with a VW Polo 6C. The car was a bit of a mess (car came with RLHS + dimming mirror from factory but was missing). Installed a OEM MFSW on the car from Polo 6C and wired according to ELSA diagram. The MFSW works perfectly fine. When the MFSW is fit, the engine gives a DTC...
  3. iichel

Bought a car, can't find the OBD2 socket

Can anyone help me out? Just bought a second hand car and looking to do some VCDS tweaks but I cannot find the OBD2 port to plug in my VCDS. Any ideas?
  4. iichel

Retrofitting a 1.6 TDI DSG engine to a 1.2 TDI manual Polo 6R

Hello guys, I need some advice. The big question is, what ECU to take. The donor car: Polo 6R 1.6 TDI 2011 - Engine CAYB - Gearbox DSG7 DQ200 MPT - No start/stop system The recipient: - Polo 6R 1.2 TDI 2011 - Engine CFWA - Gearbox Manual 5, MQ200 MZN - Start/stop system No I'm looking to get...
  5. iichel

How to deal with pirates via PM

Hi guys, I wanted to share and ask for advice concerning the following: Every once in a while, people ask me here to assist with whatever problem they have with their car, mostly PQ25. That's sort of my comfort zone. This ranges from retrofits to ABS codings and assistance in other mods...
  6. iichel

Polo 6R 1.6 TDI - crank but no fire - P006C

So there is my distaster-Polo. It had a fuel leak at one of the injectors, the return line was damaged. Poor idle, but no MIL. Repaired the return line with new O-ring and clip. Now the engine will not start. Starter goes round, engine goes round but will not jump to life. New battery was...
  7. iichel

I bought a new car!

And what a disappointment it's been so far... I was a bit tired of having a 3-cylinder diesel with MT. I love the car to death but it's growing on me. So, step up. Polo 6R 1.2 TDI to Polo 6R 1.6 TDI DSG7. Transfer all the mods and profit. Things were looking good! Low mileage (170.000km /...
  8. iichel

About to buy a car... What to scan?

Hello my dear Ross Tech friends, I'm about to buy a car. The car I'm aiming at is a Shadow Blue Metallic VW Polo 6R 1.6 TDI CAYB with DSG from 2011. I'll be ripping its guts out and re-use the engine and DSG for my own car. Car looks in good nick in general, lots of options (xenon, seat...
  9. iichel

I invented time travel. Finally.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?23117-Transporter-t5-no-response-from-controller-central-lock-and-wipers
  10. iichel

Polo 6C MFSW retrofit

So today I retrofitted an MFSW to a Polo 6C 1.4 TDI Bluemotion with BCM 6C0937089 The wheel itself and the airbag were re-used. Monday,27,April,2020,05:43:23:11868 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64(VMWare) VCDS Version 20.4.1.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4508.4 Data...
  11. iichel

Why do people do this?

Let's imagine a bloke. This bloke is from the UK and let's call him a typical British name, for the sake of his privacy. Since Will is his actual name, we'll use that. Will owns a VW Polo and is familiar with VCDS. So far I like Will a lot, but things will take a drastic turn for the worse...
  12. iichel

2019 VW Polo AW 2G 1.6 TDI DSG Highline EU

So we have a black VW Polo AW (2G) Specs - 1.6 TDI 4-cylinder engine with 95hp - 7 speed DSG - Climatronic dual zone with seat heating - ACC with MFSW - Halogen headlights with LED DRL - 8K PDC - Active Info Display - Satellite navigation Discover Media Sunday,24,February,2019,11:50:37:11868...
  13. iichel

Happy 2019!

Happy New year to all VCDS friends around the globe :-)
  14. iichel

Case report: VW Polo 6C - RLS not working after towbar retrofit.

I'm telling you a second-hand story, so no credits for me, and it might be slightly incomplete. Nonetheless I think it might might be valuable and entertaining to all here. The story comes from a well-befriended mechanic from a VW and Seat dealer. Thank you Rudolf. So, the car, VW Polo 6C1...
  15. iichel

Payback time

Do you guys ever notice how Uwe is liking all our (clever postings)? If so, why not show some love and appreciation back and like whatever clever stuff he is posting? Revolution! :cool:
  16. iichel

Retrofitted direct TPMS to Polo 6R

Just a retrofit update: TPMS direct (HEX 65) fitted on a Polo 6R. Needed is quite a recent PQ25 BCM (7E0 937 090B or higher) due to address 65 in the gateway. I'm not the first one to discover it, nor the first one to retrofit it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to show it here, on the home of VAG...
  17. iichel

P0299 - 16251 - Polo 6R 1.2 TDI - and the winner is...

P0299 - 26251 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached Ruptured charge air pipe (6R0145828), connected to the turbo and going towards the intercooler.
  18. iichel

Quote notiications

Dear admins, would it be possible to receive a notification when quoted? I often receive notifications of being liked (obviously :cool:) but not when quoted. Nowadays I do start visiting the forum on the new post list -->...
  19. iichel

Happy racing weekend

To all race lovers - Happy Monaco GP - Happy Indy 500 - Happy Coke 600 May the best driver be victorious!
  20. iichel

Polo 6R - power steering not working - training them arms

So, my cute little Polo Bluemotion is perfectly fine except for that it's broken in a very annoying way. It has decided not to waste anymore energy on power steering. Not the best thing to happen with 215 wide tires. 01288 and 00566 DTCs. It all started when the fire nation attacked of course...