Search results

1. NZDubNurd

P0202 - injector cylinder 2 - (N31) circuit malfunction

Do some research before buying "reconditioned" injectors for these. I was of the understanding that it was the electronic end that usually fails, and that can't be replaced? Things may have changed, but the Caddy boys all seem to avoid them for that reason???
  2. NZDubNurd

Newbie blues

and maybe add some pictures ;) ... just because :D
  3. NZDubNurd

... it was funny to me....

He did have a very *interesting* car...
  4. NZDubNurd

VR6 caddy

I'd like to see the entire auto-scan ;) It gives details of ECU used and settings etc. My signature has a link on how to do it, if you need it. Has the "Motronic relay" been wired in as factory? I've seen conversions range from "OEM-like amazing", through to "fucking scary": They're hard to...
  5. NZDubNurd

06 Golf FSI zero throttle response, intermittent.

Followup: 6 months later, and it's not re-occured! Seemingly the ECU relay was causing the issue, but not triggering a code directly related to the throttle/EPC systems. I've since replaced the N80 to clear the EVAP issue. Also fitted a small filter in case the charcoal cannister is releasing...
  6. NZDubNurd

Need Help With USP Traction Control Button Install (Doesn't Work) - 2014 Beetle GSR 2.0T

Must be time to do a burnout then??? :D
  7. NZDubNurd

Immobilizer

Otherwise you need to see a dealer or equally "approved" technician: either way, they need to know how to do it correctly AND have the correct tools to do it.
  8. NZDubNurd

VR6 caddy

Do you have an other fault codes - I'd still like to see a complete autoscan for the setup:thumbs: Have you wired it up as per factory R32 Golf wiring? From memory*, wiring up my R32 powered Touran: The ECU controls a relay (Motronic power relay?) that supplies the 12V feeds to the injectors...
  9. NZDubNurd

Immobilizer

Pull the keys apart. Keep the blade that matches the "new" ignition tumbler, and the housings/immo chip/remote that match the "Old" lock/immo. Problem solved. The phyiscal lock has NOTHING to do with the immo system, it's purely mechanical. Also, you could have just ordered a brand new lock...
  10. NZDubNurd

Difficult start after short stops/ when engine is hot - 2011 A6 C7 3.0 tfsi

Does it start easier if you press the throttle just after it starts cranking longer than expected? If the evap valve is stuck open, you can get a rich/hard warm start. On my car, it tended to be after getting to temp, then leaving it for 15 to 40 minutes. Sorter or longer and it mostly started...
  11. NZDubNurd

2015 Jetta TDI Highline - Cluster Speed issues

You *may* be able to try VDO editor (I haven't looked at your compatibility): https://skodapilot.com/vdoeditor/?lang=en It isn't compatible with my older cluster though, so I actually removed the needle and shifted it :thumbs:. I run taller tyres, and there was only so much compensation the...
  12. NZDubNurd

If I was in the market for a laptop...

My laptops come out of the "E-cycling" bin at work... Might be a while (if ever) before these show up there :D
  13. NZDubNurd

... it was funny to me....

This is what happens when seesaws get banned in playgrounds for "safety reasons":facepalm:
  14. NZDubNurd

2008 Vw Golf gti MK5 , strange problem I need help

From memory, the changeover valve occurs at an RPM around that 3800, so it's quite possibly related?
  15. NZDubNurd

2011 Golf 1.4tsi, Fuel Rail/System Pressure

They get slightly warm, normally.
  16. NZDubNurd

2011 Golf 1.4tsi, Fuel Rail/System Pressure

Those modules have been known to fail (and occasionally melt/catch fire :eek:) You are correct; The ECU sends a PWM signal to that module and the module varies the power to the low pressure pump.
  17. NZDubNurd

EV Thread

The Battery in our old E39 525i *only* lasted a few days over 13 years... despite my Mrs running it flat and roll starting the car (yes, it had a real trans too). The one in Dads E30 325i SE *only* lasted 9 years... and the second one only 6 months... turns out the alternator regulator had a...
  18. NZDubNurd

Random Videos

We had him first! :p ;)
  19. NZDubNurd

Golf VII gti perf 230hp year 2015 : 5W40 ?

Often factory oil recommendations are biased towards economy, rather than engine life etc. Personally, I'd have no problems running 5W-40, or even 0W-40. Older models often allowed 5W-40 anyway.
  20. NZDubNurd

Can't find Group 13 in Engine module

Those compression figures aren't horrendous, but cylinder 1 is noticably lower than the others... But I dont know the factory spec. I wonder if a leakdown test would show more? Also, did cylinder 1 require longer cranking to get to 9 bar? Another option is the cam timing these things like to...