Search results

1. Ramp Rat

2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0T FSI Very Little Boost - P0299

My BAD. I didn't think there would be that much difference between my 2006 and his 2007. However, looking at his Scan there seems to be several errors that would make me want to get fixed before I start looking for an expensive turbocharger. Of course,that's just me.
  2. Ramp Rat

2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0T FSI Very Little Boost - P0299

]Try running the test under 01-Engine, Measuring Blocks, Basic Settings. Use group 011, Charge Pressure Control in the drop down window. Click on the On/Off/Next button. The test will raise the engine RPM and you will see the boost pressure reading as it switches itself between Off and On.
  3. Ramp Rat

2006 TDI BRM Charge Pressure Question?

OK, got a question about Charge Pressure Control on my 2006 Jetta BRM with DSG. About a month ago I did a Charge Pressure Control test. It showed a low of 856 and a high of 969 mbar. After changing the EGR Cooler along with the related hardware and gaskets, I did another Charge Pressure test. I...
  4. Ramp Rat

2006 Jetta Airbag Light Issue?

After some hunting I found that VW issued a Technical Bulletin 69 08 02 Dated: Feb. 11, 2008 that superseded 69 07 03. It covers several VW models from 2005 thru 2007. The Bulletin says the DTC 01217 and 01218 does not affect the function of the airbag. However, the Bulletin’s directions are to...
  5. Ramp Rat

This is the side airbag in the driver’s seat. I did a double check in the Bentley manual and it noted that DTC 01217 for igniter on the driver’s side airbag (N199) has a history. It seems that VW came out with a Technical Bulletin # 69 07 03 dated March 23, 2007 dealing with this issue. Does...
  6. Ramp Rat

Having an issue with my Airbag light coming on. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM. In the past I’ve cleaned the connectors and cleared the DTC and everything was good for a month or so. Now, if I clean the connector and clear the code it comes right back on. Here is the scan of the DTC...
  7. Ramp Rat

2009 VW Jetta TDI 2.0 HVAC

Sounds like you've got a good game plan. I've always liked the KISS approach and do the simple an cheap fixes first. Keep us posted.
  8. Ramp Rat

Sounds like a blockage and my first guess would be ice in the expansion valve from having moisture in the system. Or, there might be a piece of metal fragment. The expansion valve is very, very small. If it were me, and thinking of doing the cheapest fix first, I would drain the system, use a...
  9. Ramp Rat

I’m no AC expert but, from what I’m seeing from you readings your compressor is not working right. The ECM doesn’t read the low side of the compressor but the Refrigerant Pressure reads the high side. It should read much higher then you are showing. Also, the Evaporator Temperature should be...
  10. Ramp Rat

Testing before my NEXT project.

After doing exploratory surgery, taking things off and making a shopping list for what I might need for the EGR Cooler change, I put the Ol’ gal back together. I ran the Basic Setting EGR (group 003) test and this is what I saw: 1407 RPM, Test OFF, the EGR actual was between 385 and 400. 1407...
  11. Ramp Rat

EGR Cooler bypass kit on a 2006 TDI BRM?

I’ve got a gas driven lawn mower that is only a couple of years old. The EPA made Briggs and Stratton lean the engine down to the point that if you stop the engine and want to restart it you need to use the choke. Only problem is that the engine has an automatic chock which means you have to use...
  12. Ramp Rat

Thanks UWE for dumping on me like that. You take something I said out of text and use me as an example of some sort of terrible person. Then on top of that you ignore the fact that I said I was only asking because it was suggested to me and I was going to proceed with replacing the EGR Cooler...
  13. Ramp Rat

Testing before my NEXT project.

It looks like I’m going to have to replace the EGR Cooler on my 2006 TDI BRM. Because I’m going to have a lot of stuff off or loose behind the block I’m going to look into what else might need replacement. Is there a way to use the VCDS to test things like the EGR system, Flapper motor/valve and...
  14. Ramp Rat

2006 Jetta TDI with DSG stumbles.

I did have a Mann in before the change. I noticed that with the STP filter there seemed to be an increase in oil build up at the intake to the turbo coming from the breather tube at the valve cover. I don’t remember that much oil with the Mann. So, it will get changed out. (and no, I don't think...
  15. Ramp Rat

OK Jef, thanks. I was just asking because it was suggested. I don’t have SMOG checks were I live but I was concerned about trying to re-invent the wheel. I’m going to bite the bullet and replace it. Right now I’m working on putting a list together of all the gaskets and hardware I’ll need. The...
  16. Ramp Rat

Has anyone done an EGR Cooler bypass kit on a TDI BRM? What happens to the computer and the vehicle drivability?
  17. Ramp Rat

Interesting. I’m assuming that the low numbers could be an indication of the turbocharger wearing out. But, what about a restriction at the air filter? Reason I’m asking is that the other day I replace my air filter. I couldn’t find a Fram locally so I went with one made by STP. Could the STP...
  18. Ramp Rat

I ran the Basic Settings 011 and watched the vein actuator rod move. It moved the full travel smoothly with no hesitations. At 819/840 RPM (Idle) the engine is very smooth but, at 1407 RPM while running the Basic Settings the engine has a slight vibration when I put my hand on the valve cover...
  19. Ramp Rat

Nope, not tires. It's more like a miss fire or an overdrive kicking out and back in but it happens within less than a half second. Something I did note while the VCDS was doing the Basic Settings of 011. While the system was switching from OFF to ON and back again, I could feel the engine...
  20. Ramp Rat

I did that as well. I tested it about 5 times. Each time the rod started to move at 4-5 and would stop at 16-17. The shaft moves smoothly and I could not feel any vibration or sticking when it was moving. The last time I looked at the turbocharger blades they looked good and there was no play...