Search results

1. Ramp Rat

2006 TDI BRM Charge Pressure Question?

OK, got a question about Charge Pressure Control on my 2006 Jetta BRM with DSG. About a month ago I did a Charge Pressure Control test. It showed a low of 856 and a high of 969 mbar. After changing the EGR Cooler along with the related hardware and gaskets, I did another Charge Pressure test. I...
  2. Ramp Rat

2006 Jetta Airbag Light Issue?

Having an issue with my Airbag light coming on. I have a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM. In the past I’ve cleaned the connectors and cleared the DTC and everything was good for a month or so. Now, if I clean the connector and clear the code it comes right back on. Here is the scan of the DTC...
  3. Ramp Rat

Testing before my NEXT project.

It looks like I’m going to have to replace the EGR Cooler on my 2006 TDI BRM. Because I’m going to have a lot of stuff off or loose behind the block I’m going to look into what else might need replacement. Is there a way to use the VCDS to test things like the EGR system, Flapper motor/valve and...
  4. Ramp Rat

EGR Cooler bypass kit on a 2006 TDI BRM?

Has anyone done an EGR Cooler bypass kit on a TDI BRM? What happens to the computer and the vehicle drivability?
  5. Ramp Rat

2006 Jetta TDI with DSG stumbles.

I’ve posted this question before but I could use some more help in figuring it out. After traveling a good distance at freeway speeds, meaning 75 mph, my Jetta runs fine until I reduce cruse speed to 65 mph. While traveling on a section of hiway described as rolling hills, the car has a...
  6. Ramp Rat

2006 Jetta Seat Memory?

I’ve got a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM sedan and I can’t get the driver’s seat memory to work. Here’s a link to the first scan I did on the vehicle: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/20482/ I’ve used VCDS to test the seat switch function and track the motor functions. All of the seat...
  7. Ramp Rat

A/C pressure readings?

What should be the actual (meaning using old school manifold pressure testing) readings be for a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM? When testing with the VCDS it is showing about 186 psi (translated of course). But, I’m old school and like to see the actual readings using a physical testing with a manifold...
  8. Ramp Rat

2006 Jetta Seat Memory?

I’ve got a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM. I can’t get the driver’s seat memory to work. I’ve run the VCDS test on the buttons. When I press the no. 1 switch it shows activation. No. 2, No. 3 etc. Even the Memory switch shows activation. But, I can’t get the memory to set to the current seat location. Any...
  9. Ramp Rat

2006 TDI BRM Hesitation

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI BRM with a DSG transmission. (I posted my original Scan https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?20482-My-First-Post-My-Auto-Scan ). My wife was driving the car today and said that she experienced 2 hesitations when starting to move from a stop. Both times it was right...
  10. Ramp Rat

Issue with VW MPG.

I have a 2006 VW Jetta 1.9 BRM TDI. I’m having an issue with the on board computer displaying a different MPG than what a “real world” check shows. Meaning, after a 300 mile trip the display shows an average of 50 mpg but, using the odometer reading and gallons used to refill the tank, I get an...
  11. Ramp Rat

Aux Heater Issue

During the Auto Scan on my ’06 Jetta TDI BRM one of the issues is the Aux Heater is labeled defective by the OEM computer. But, with the VCDS I can make the Aux Heater work. Or, at least the VCDS says it’s working. I’ve attached a screen shot. (I think. First try at this)...
  12. Ramp Rat

My First Post . . . My Auto Scan.

Chassis Type: 1K (1K0) Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 0F 15 16 17 19 1C 25 36 42 44 46 52 56 62 72 7D VIN: 3VWDT81K86M742091 Mileage: 309870km-192544miles 00-Steering Angle Sensor -- Status: OK 0000 01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000 02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000 03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000 08-Auto...