Search results

1. B

2002 Audi A4 B6 "Battery & A/C Compressor Questions

No problem stefdds as I never like to leave things with loose ends. And not for nothing, but the customer service department at Rockauto is taking the defective part back and giving me a full refund. The did offer to send me a replacement part, but I declined since it wasn't sitting well with...
  2. B

Well I got the A/C straightened out. Turns out it was the new aftermarket high pressure safety switch I had purchased from RockAuto and installed about a week and a half ago. The RockAuto one was proven to be defective internally when my friend temporally swapped in one from his sisters VW...
  3. B

Hi Bruce. Yes, I didn't see the link in your post at first when you told me about Jack and I was completely caught off-guard and dumbfounded as I couldn't believe he was gone since he was a relatively young man, not a elderly senior citizen. Jack called me a couple of times after he had helped...
  4. B

Hi Petrol Dave I don't have the gauges at the moment as my friend stopped by yesterday and hooked his up for the readings and took the gauges with him when he left. But I do recall the low side was around 37 psi and the high side was around 180 at idle. Slightly revved up the low side was...
  5. B

A Sad Day

Found out from Bruce today that Jack has passed away. Spoke to Jack over the phone many times and thinking about him always reminds me of how Jack loved his German chocolate. He would always send you a few chocolate trinkets in the box of any parts you received from him. Great guy and a sad...
  6. B

Hi Uwe, Still can't rap my head around that Jack is gone and for some reason I feel odd even asking for help now as the shock is messing with my head. I suppose Jack would be like... hey fellows just get on with things here as I'm still looking down here and will work my magic in other ways...
  7. B

That's very sad news for me to hear Bruce. Jack was a genuine and unique person that would go out of his way in order help strangers here on the forum. Jack helped me with an instrument cluster calamity on my Audi that he didn't have to go to the levels that he did and refused to accept any...
  8. B

Okay that's what I was actually believing the situation was with regards to the battery. I'm going to borrow my friends gauges and take a look at the A/C pressures. Is there anything that I could look at with the VCDS software in the HVAC controller that would lend a clue as to why at idle...
  9. B

First let me say hello to "Jack" and hope everybody is getting on well with life. So here's my quick questions: 1. Does installing a new battery for my year Audi require new battery coding? I had VCDS hooked up and couldn't find any controller information installed modules for the battery. I...
  10. B

Hey Jack? I Just Got A P0431 Warm Up Catalyst; Bank 2: Efficiency Below Threshold

Going to work this morning and I got a check engine light. Just checked it with VCDS and the only fault found was this one below. 16815 - Warm Up Catalyst; Bank 2: Efficiency Below Threshold P0431 - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded Before I screw myself over again I thought I would run...
  11. B

2002 Audi A4 3.0L Runs And Shuts-Off Imediately. Need Advice On What To Check.

Hi, I recently purchased an inexpensive 2002 Audi A4 3.0L that has some issues. The car was recently running, but now it starts right up and immediately dies. When I purchased the car the previous owner stated that the car was in need of a replacement instrument cluster because the temp gauge...