Search results

1. J

How do VW MK6 Headlight Switches Function?

I'll try to get a diagram up, especially when I rewire the lights. This is a low priority project, but everyone's initial answers have confirmed what I thought, a computer circuit tells the lights to turn on. So, I'll separate the wire for the U-shape DRL shared with the wire for the headlight...
  2. J

ABS Pump & Module Replacement - No Communication with ABS

Sorry about this long hiatus for any people awaiting a solution from my endeavors... Turns out both rear wheel speed sensors were dead in the end, and for some reason that made my front driver-side wheel lock up. I replaced a rear wheel speed sensor that always tested poorly first. Codes...
  3. J

How do VW MK6 Headlight Switches Function?

Hello All, I have VLAND headlights from overseas and of course they're wired wrong (lol get what we pay for). DRLs do not work, even with the supplied adapter harnesses. I have some knowledge of electronics, and I believe my rewring idea should work. The one thing I'm not certain about is...
  4. J

One thing I just thought of for the driver's side caliper, is it locking up because the final hydraulic calibrations were not done? As mentioned before, I did not perform those calibrations because I did not have 00003 as a fault for [03].
  5. J

Ok sounds good. I got new ones ordered for the 2 rear sensors showing a fault. My front driver's brake caliper still locks up and pivots my car under hard braking; any idea why that would happen? Bad wheel speed sensor? Bad tone ring? One thing to note, the CV joint on that hub flings grease...
  6. J

I will do this if the new wheel speed sensors don't fix the issue.
  7. J

This is the scan performed after lock-to-lock, driving in a short straight line, and then starting every required calibration after reading the entire wiki tutorial like a smart person lol. I also took the car on a short drive and thankfully no more engine limp mode. My parts contact is helping...
  8. J

This scan is right after the previous post, I just cleared DTCs to see what happened next. The car had not been driven yet. Wednesday,14,April,2021,23:30:44:62930 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 21.3.0.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4543.4 Data version...
  9. J

This scan is "after calibrations" but without taking a drive after turning the steering wheel lock-to-lock. I sorta jumped over that part of the tutorial at first. My car is FWD, so I did not do [G251] calibration. I also did not do "Basic Setting for Hydraulic Unit Intake Valves" because I did...
  10. J

More good news. The coding was accepted 1st try, and now the only faults I see for [03 Brakes] are associated with some bunk ABS sensors, and that ain't surprising on these cars! What is worrisome is [01 Engine] still shows issues communicating in every scan, and that [09 Central Elecs.]...
  11. J

Ok, new module and pump are installed. As everyone will see below, the new ABS module is talking to VCDS now, so progress! I need help with long coding please and thank you. After that, I plan to follow Ross-Tech's very own MK60EC1 wiki tutorial to perform all the other calibrations...
  12. J

GREAT NEWS: I called my buddy at the dealer and we verified that [1K0 907 379 BH] is a superseded number to [1K0 907 375 AH] [1K0 907 379 AH]. [1K0 907 379 AH] is what I took out of my car, [1K0 907 379 BH] is the module on my new pump. After work today, I'll post a scan showing the new module...
  13. J

Unfortunately I didn't have VDCS when I did the scans before, only OBDeleven, and that only saves what was in my first post above in blue italics.
  14. J

Ugh, I just had to have a first model year MK6...this isn't the first time my VIN pulls the wrong part. I think VW was using what remaining MK5 parts they could. At least I didn't take the pump out of the static protective plastic bag yet. I should've pulled the assembly off and gave my guy...
  15. J

Thanks for the reply @DrPeter! This confirms the number my friend at VW gave me is correct, but that's not the module I have... What if the new module part number on the pump I received is [1K0 907 379 BH]? To save scrolling, the new pump part number is [1K0 614 517 DD].
  16. J

What is a typical response time? Tomorrow is the day where I decide if I rent this loaner car for another week. At this point I should've had the dealer do this lol, now it's the same price with parts and the rental car. What a VW experience :banghead:
  17. J

Should I tag up the people that could do this, or just let it flow naturally?
  18. J

Ya from the successes I've seen here on this forum, and on the Vortex VAGCOM sub-forum that y'all support, I'm only 40% worried haha. I'd like to see if someone else with ETKA or a parts database can confirm the pump and module. It's still in the wrapper in case I have to return it.
  19. J

Also, how do I input the scan to be more "scroll friendly" for us all? Saw the "how to for 1st post thread" above^
  20. J

Hello All, This is my first post here, just got my cable yesterday, excited to be a part of the community! The car is a 2010 VW Golf TDI 6MT and the ABS module lost communication with other crucial components, specifically the ECM. I will be replacing the pump and module, but I would love...