Search results

1. Glyn

2012 Touareg TDI Trailer Control Module installation

You will need to code some of the ecu’s in order for the car to function correctly with a trailer attached 👍
  2. Glyn

Electric swivel towbar retrofit

Hi to anyone that’s been following this thread. Today I received a new ECU from car systems in Poland, as a replacement for the previously purchased one that we believed had been sent un Parameterized, and to my “delight and relief” a simple plug it in and away it went, tow bar switch lights up...
  3. Glyn

That’s great info many thanks, I am awaiting a reply on Monday from the ecu supplier so this info will be a great help, the ecu was ment to be pre Parameterized for my car so essentially plug and play. Hopefully get resolved Monday. Cheers again, Glyn.
  4. Glyn

Are you saying there should be codes in dataset number/version if it has been Parameterized to operate the switch swivel part of the ecu..?
  5. Glyn

Hi Don, I have now reviewed all coding and happy all is correct with the car I have also added adaptions suggested. I am still under the impression this may still be a Parameterized issue. Cheers Glyn.
  6. Glyn

Hi Kreativ, please find below Advanced identification of both the ecu’s 1=my original one and 2=the one I have bought from Car Systems. Saturday,10,April,2021,10:51:32:15623 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 21.3.0.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4543.4 Data...
  7. Glyn

Tiguan Trailer Wiring into a Sportwagen

Yep, the can wires come out easy enough using a small pin type tool. I would make sure you disconnect the battery Earth to prevent any unforeseen issues when tugging around the BCM and assuming you are fitting lives to the fuse box as well, I would run the car round the block once fitted before...
  8. Glyn

Hi Don, many thanks for your input, I did try this yesterday due it made no difference so put it back to original, however I realised I had the original ecu back on so I have fitted the so-called Parameterized one and set up the codes as your instructions but unfortunately still no switch...
  9. Glyn

Hi sorry for the above post must of pressed the wrong button🙈😂 I have fitted a factory swivel towbar to my Seat Ateca 2019, everything fitted and coded and all lights and 12v available as expected and the dash shows a trailer connected when plugged in. My issue is the electric swivel side of...
  10. Glyn

Please see below
  11. Glyn

WSC removal

12. Glyn

WSC removal

Hi, during a coding of a towbar ecu I updated the workshop, importer and equipment number code thinking it was because I had all 0’s in there. I have now realised this may of been a bit of a mistake, is it possible to reset these parameters back to 0’s stealth mode?
  13. Glyn

Parameterized

Master Tommy, Many thanks for your input, and a good point made, I have checked all inputs and outputs and as I said in my first post above, I have used factory loom, ecu and swivelling towbar. Once I have the tow bar working as it should, I will find a way of operating it remotely of the ecu in...
  14. Glyn

Parameterized

Don, many thanks for the info. The button plugs in to a short dedicated loom and finds its way to block D on the ecu So block A is loom out to towing hitch, B is live feeds and earth in, C is can in, and D is switch in. I am waiting for a pre Parameterized ecu to arrive, hopefully this will...
  15. Glyn

Parameterized

Don, many thanks for your reply, I did see the button 1,2,3 when I set the car up after fitting everything, and had a play by setting one at a time but unfortunately they don’t seam to make any difference, they are a bit cryptic, don’t know what they are meant to be for. Cheers, Glyn.
  16. Glyn

Parameterized

Seat Ateca FR Sport 2019 UK spec I have just completed a retro fit of a electric swivelling towbar including factory wiring and ecu, I have coded all as required and is working as it should apart from the button switch to unlock the towbar, I believe this is due to the fact that the ecu...
  17. Glyn

Q5 FY 2018 Towbar coding

Hi did you get this issue sorted ?
  18. Glyn

Seat Ateca swivelling towbar

Perfect, cheers.👍
  19. Glyn

New hex v2 Arrived today and registered it on line, not verified on this site yet! dose this take a while to address?
  20. Glyn

Many thanks for the reply, I will go ahead and order one and let you know how I. Get on over the next couple of weeks.