Search results

1. P

Suggestion: Log File Location

Hello: Since the dawn of mankind, and the release of VCDS 1.0 at the time the first KDF-wagon was built in 1938, the VCDS app has always stored log files in the Ross-Tech folder at the root level of whatever drive the application is installed upon. Although this might be beneficial to...
  2. P

VCDS Drivers & Windows 10/11 Memory Integrity Protection

Hello:/ At present, the drivers for VCDS are not compatible with Windows 10/11 'Memory Integrity' protection (Settings -> Windows Security -> Device Security -> Core Isolation -> Memory Integrity). See the screenshot below. This is not a significant problem for Windows 10, but it appears it...
  3. P

Where to find MVB for 2015 NAR Jetta exterior trunk release switch?

Hello All: I am troubleshooting a new 2015 Jetta (Canadian spec) equipped with keyless access. The car presents an intriguing (and perplexing) fault: The exterior trunk release operates intermittently, but predictably intermittently. If the car has been used (woken up) within the past 2...
  4. P

Golf MK7 NAR - 'Transport Mode' active in controller 09? Eh?

Hi Folks: I recently purchased a Golf 7 Highline with multimedia, a Canadian car. I note that within controller 09 (Central Electrical, 5Q0-937-087-K), an adaptation channel identified as 'Transport Mode' is listed as being active. My prior experience with Transport Mode on other VW products...
  5. P

Uh, where's the radio controller in a Golf 7 (AU/5G)?

Hi All: An autoscan of my 2015 Golf, created by having VCDS automatically poll the car for controllers, does not show anything that looks like a radio controller. This car has an amazingly complex radio - heck, it is more complex than the Big Blue computer that played chess 20 years ago - but...
  6. P

How to create a complete record of new car (fresh from factory) coding and adaptation

Hello Folks: Yesterday, I took delivery of a new 2015 Golf Highline with multimedia (NAR spec). Before I rev up my laptop and VCDS cable and get in there and screw things up beyond all possible recognition, I would like to create a complete record of controller coding values and adaptation...
  7. P

Suggestion for product improvement

Hello: Some time long ago, I installed VCDS release 14.10.0 on one of my computers. I never did use it (by that I mean I never connected the VCDS cable, and carried out the TEST that is necessary upon first use of the application). Today, I launched VCDS release 14.10.0, and was greeted by a...
  8. P

About the VCDS-Mobile login process, and remembering the password...

I have noticed, over the past month, that the VCDS-Mobile login page has not consistently remembered my password. I was not sure of what process this web page used to remember the password, however, I assumed it set a cookie somewhere. I periodically discard cookies from my browser, this due...
  9. P

Difficulty with Dataset Update (26 to 27)

I have not been successful in updating the Dataset (DS) in my HEX-NET interface, despite many attempts over the past few hours. The HEX-NET is operating in infrastructure mode, and is associated with the same wireless router as the computer. I began the update process by logging into...
  10. P

Beta 14.5.3 is a great improvement for Phaeton use

Hello All: I just ran a series of scans on my Phaeton using the 14.5.3 beta that was released today. I started by using the 14.5.3 software and my 10 year old HEX+CAN USB cable interface to establish a baseline. That report is below. After I ran this first scan, I cleared the intermittent...
  11. P

"This Function Requires a Licensed Interface" ??

Hello All: I started to test the HEX-NET out on the Lamborghini Aventador today, and after connecting to the interface in Access Point mode, I began an Autoscan. The VCDS beta application (14.5.2) polled the CAN controller, then the Instrument Cluster Controller, then presented the following...
  12. P

Question about generating 'Control Module Maps'

There is a very informative article published in the Ross-Tech Wiki that explains how users can collect data (.PLA and .PLB files) from vehicles, this to assist Ross-Tech to better document controllers within the VCDS application. That Wiki article is at this link: Control Module Maps. I have...
  13. P

How to change instrument cluster language on Lamborghini Aventador?

Does anyone know how to change the language in the instrument cluster of a Lamborghini Aventador? The friggin' car still shows text in Eyetalian even though it is homogulated to Canadian specs. There is no label file within VCDS available for this instrument cluster. Michael Instrument...
  14. P

VCDS reports "Unable to find a ROD file". Whazzat mean?

Hello All: I encountered the message shown below when using VCDS (current stable release, version 12.something) today. I have never seen such a message before. Can someone tell me what it means? Also, what the heck is a '.ROD' file? Is ROD an acronym for something? Michael Uncommon...
  15. P

Perplexing fault code that cannot be cleared - Jetta V station wagon (NAR)

My little sister's Jetta Station Wagon has a perplexing fault code in the instrument cluster. I'm not exactly sure what it means, and I cannot clear this fault code. What perplexes me is that even though the fault is reported as 'intermittent' (in other words, not present at the time the...
  16. P

A few bumps along the road of initial setup of the HEX-CAN

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post with some comments about my first experience using the HEX-NET device. I had managed to set it up in 'access point' mode, but reached an impasse when the device wanted a firmware update, something that cannot be accomplished in access point mode. That post...
  17. P

2010 Audi A4 Service Interval Reset - there's more to it than VCDS knows

Last weekend, I was assisting the staff at my local VW dealer, and as part of that work, I was asked to reset the service interval reminder on a 2010 (I think it was 2010 - maybe 2012?) Audi A4, NAR specification. I ran the VCDS macro that automates this task by pressing the 'Service Interval...
  18. P

Suggestion for improving controller display screen (fault codes)

Hello All: I have a suggestion that I think will enable the controller display screen within the VCDS application display more information (in other words, additional useful information). I suggest that if a fault code is present in a controller, the text that reads "Fault Codes - 02" within...
  19. P

Suggestion for Human Interface Improvement of Wi-Fi Configuration Utility

Hello Folks: I began the process of configuring my HEX-NET gizmo to function in 'Infrastructure' mode (as explained in post #2 of this discussion: HEX-NET Firmware Update: Just how is this task accomplished?), and was a bit startled to discover that when the little Java Wi-Fi Configuration...
  20. P

Suggestion for Preserving User Generated Auto-Scan lists across VCDS software updates

VCDS is a great piece of software. One of the nicest features is that a user who has very minimal computer skills can create their own auto-scan controller list by simply copying the provided line for the vehicle type and pasting it at the very top of the Auto-Scan text file. I have done this...