Search results

1. A

A4 B8 2.0T intermittent no start

Good advice....I'm obviously doing the job again! Just ordered them from the dealer. Ugh. At least Pelican agreed to take theirs back for store credit. Thanks
  2. A

Could be, I don't know. I'm looking for the best price on no-kidding OEM injectors...wanted to try online before going to the dealer!
  3. A

Is Audi USA online to be trusted selling OEM parts? They say they are OEM: support@audiusaparts.com My Account Track Order Contact Us Cart Search by Part Number(s), Keywords, or VIN 2014 Audi A4 Quattro Home 2014 Audi A4 Quattro 06H-906-036-N Fuel Injector - Audi...
  4. A

Ok, will do. Thanks
  5. A

I hear you on the parts. Never had a problem with proper parts from Pelican before...but it certainly appears that they are leaking again if there's nowhere else the pressure can be going. It may be a week or so before I can butt-sniff the car since it will take two people. Thanks!
  6. A

No start meaning cranks but no fire unless I open the throttle. I did not peek at the tach while cranking; will give that a look. Injectors are Bosch from Pelican Parts. Thanks, Al
  7. A

I did the fuel pressure test again today, and it failed. Recent history: replaced injectors and the fuel pressure test was good afterward, climbing to 60 bar. Sent the car off with daughter and she complained a couple weeks later that the hot start problem had resurfaced. Checked purge valve...
  8. A

Purge valve does not leak.
  9. A

Thanks, NZDubNurd! Where is this purge valve located?
  10. A

Jef/Dr. Peter, any more leads? Car has hot start problem every day now after new injectors, with passing fuel pressure test.
  11. A

I don't know that I can help you but I do owe the forum an update on my daughter's car. We ran 3 tanks of fuel with injector cleaner, to no avail. Replaced the injectors and all seemed well at first, with shut-down fuel pressure rising as it should. It has done the no-start when hot 1 time...
  12. A

That's what I was thinking; thanks. It's already in the tank!
  13. A

Thanks, Jef. Interesting that injectors would have to be replaced. Does injector cleaner not work for this situation? Pretty sad when injectors only last 100k miles.
  14. A

Jef and DrPeter, I repeated the test today with worse results. Here is the hot running idle snapshot: Address 01: Engine (8K5 907 115 N) 13:58:09 IDE00021 Engine RPM 799 /min IDE00025 Coolant temperature 99 °C IDE00188 Fuel high-pressure: actual value 3.9940 MPa IDE00201 High...
  15. A

Thanks, Jef. I'll repeat the test on Sunday. If still a bit low, would running injector cleaner in the fuel help out?
  16. A

Ok, I have the car for a bit. No fuel smell in oil. Fuel rail pressure test appears to be ok. With UDS protocol the pressures were in mpa, not bar. Hot running pressure was very close to 4 MPa which was also the specified value; 2 min after shutdown it had risen to nearly 5 MPa and was still...
  17. A

Thanks, Jef and Dr. Peter! I will run the fuel smell and pressure tests when I can get my hands on the car again, probably tomorrow night. This diagnosis may drag out a bit because I will be away from the car Thurs - Sat. I appreciate the response.
  18. A

2014 US model intermittently cranks but won't start when warm. Sometimes opening the throttle will help it start. Used to be once a month or so but now it is several times/week. Searched forum and others and the problem shows up in earlier models as a crank position sensor but have not seen a...