Search results

1. I

GOLF MK8 16777018 - Control unit for information electronics 1

Hi. I purchased a Golf Mk 8 at auction - Stolen / recovered. The car is immaculate, the only fault was the infotainment system would just say 'loading' and nothing else. The car drove perfectly too. I carried out an autoscan which revealed 'no communication 16777018 - Control unit for...
  2. I

Help with AUDI A3 2010. Fault codes after being parked up during lockdown!

Hi. My Mums 2010 Audi A3 has been parked up a while during lockdown. I started it first time no problems, but the heater blowers didn't work. I carried out a scan and all sorts of faults have come up. I copied the codes, tried clearing them and they came back straight away. I've included the...
  3. I

2004 T5 central locking

Hi. I have a 2004 T5 Transporter. The central locking suddenly stopped working. It usually operates turning the key in any door lock (not from the key fob) Having googled the problem, I have eliminated the notorious corroded cable that goes to the control module under the drivers seat, but it...
  4. I

SRI rest problem

Hi, Not sure this is a problem with the software or not? I've just done a SRI reset on a 2018 Seat Ateca Xcellence. The software said successful as usual, and on the dash the car confirms oil service is 365 days etc. WHen I turn ignition off the car still displays 'Inspection due' on the...
  5. I

Air Quality sensor?

Hi, I've got a 2017 Tiguan and its showing a fault on the air quality sensor? Any ideas what could cause it, or how to resolve it. Tuesday,01,December,2020,10:53:30:41168 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 8.1 x64 VCDS Version: 20.4.2.0 (x64) HEX-V2 CB: 0.4513.4 Data...
  6. I

Service light won't reset?

Hi, I have just serviced a 2010 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi. Went in to VCDS selected SRi, followed the usual steps (UK oil change reset) It enters the info as usual in the modules and says it is complete but the service light (spanner symbol) remains on, and when turning the ignition off it says Service...
  7. I

T6 Transporter. Intermittent glow plugs fault

I've got a 2016 T6 Startline. It's been driving fine and then suddenly the engine management light decides to come on. After a scan it says glow plugs on all cylinders have intermittent electrical fault. It did this a few weeks ago after the van had been left with a completely dead battery...
  8. I

2016 T6 learning Remote key

Hi, I've found a few threads on re learning remote keys but I can't seem to get it to work on my 2016 T6. The key was working fine, but I had to remove the battery and when I put it back in the remote didn't work. If I go in to central elecs, then adaption. I have tried clearing current...
  9. I

T6 charging module? BATTERY NOT CHARGING

Hi, I have just picked up a 2016 T6. The van has been parked up for several months and the battery was completely dead. It jump starts first time, but even after leaving the engine run, the engine dies when jump cables removed. I put a multi-meter on the battery and confirmed there was only...
  10. I

VW Golf 2012 1.6Tdi auto. Went to Limp mode.

Hi, I've got a 2012 1.6TDi Auto that went in to limp mode when under load up a steep hill. After turning engine off and back on, limp mode was cleared. AutoScan below which states Injector fault. Is this likely to be the injector itself or wiring fault? Thank you...
  11. I

2007 2.5Tdi VW Transporter

Hi, I've got 2.5Tdi T5 van. I was driving yesterday and the coil / engine management light started flashing. Plugged in my VCDS and got the following: Thursday,30,April,2020,11:01:44:41168 VCDS Release 20.4.1 (x64): Generic OBD2 Mode 03: Emission related fault codes Address 10 (Engine): No...
  12. I

2017 GTI ACC Screwed Up

Just found this thread whilst trying to resolve a problem with the distance sensor on a 2017 golf GTi. Error message on dashboard says front assist unavailable. Here is the coding I found: Work Shop Code: WSC 01357 011 00200 ASAM Dataset: EV_ACCBOSCHVW416 002005 (VW37)...
  13. I

2018 Audi Q3 1.4 TFSi. Fuel bleed after tank replacement

Hi, I have a 2018 Audi Q3 1.4 TFSi. The fuel tank was damaged and has now been replaced. I have put 10 litres of fuel in the new tank, but I cannot get the car to start. VCDS is not showing any faults, but I am guessing that the fuel lines need to be bled? Can anyone help? I can't seem to...
  14. I

2012 Audi A4 Allroad SAT NAV

Hello, I have a 2012 Audi A4 Allroad, The vehicle seems to have had SAT NAV enabled originally, but the display just says 'Please insert Data Medium'. I don't seem to have the original DVD or SD Card (not sure which it should be) I have tried a 2012 SD Card from VW, but when inserted nothing...
  15. I

Urgent help needed please! (8K Audi Immo)

Hi, I've recently purchased Ross-tech Hex-V2, still learning how it all works. I have a 2012 Audi A4 Allroad that I collected today, I have 2 original keys with the car, however the keys will not turn on the ignition or lock/unlock the car. The car is currently sat on a rental car transporter...
  16. I

Key programming

Hello, I've recently purchased Genuine Ross-Tech VCDS HEX-V2 interface from Gendan, I've not had chance to test or use it yet! However, I've just had to buy a new key for my grandmothers 2007 VW Polo after she lost her keys, I purchased a genuine key from TPS so I presume it comes part...
  17. I

VW Golf Glow Plugs

Hi, I have a 2008 2.0 Sdi Golf, we replaced the Glow plugs but as commonly happens, one snapped and is stuck spinning in the hole. The car drives fine as it is, and for the moment that will have to do as cannot afford to remove the head to repair. Question is, is it possible using the...
  18. I

Considering purchase

Hi, I'm considering buying the 10 x Vin version, I've not used any Ross Tech system before, is it fairly straight forward to understand? I repair a few crash damaged VW/Audi as a sideline, only a handful a year and so I need it for resetting warnings / airbags & diagnosing etc. Quite often I...