Search results

1. nugentp

New SQ2 (GA)

Not often you see a car scanned with delivery miles (almost) - and still not error free - whatever on earth a 'suppressed opening procedure' is - almost think Ingolstadt has a whole department of 'engineers' coming up with the next generation of spurious and unhelpful names for error...
  2. nugentp

2003 Seat Ibiza 01222 - Crash Sensor Side Airbag; Passenger Side (G180) 29-00 - Short to Ground

I expect the colour code denotes the axial geometry and sensitivity of the sensor. There is one for sale on eBay.DE that matches the OP part number 6Q0909606J. Its big money for not necessarily the perfect part. Personally I would take a punt on a much cheaper 6Q0909606 which is used in other...
  3. nugentp

2003 Seat Ibiza 01222 - Crash Sensor Side Airbag; Passenger Side (G180) 29-00 - Short to Ground

Have to expect the crash sensor will NOT be unique to the Ibiza - almost certainly a direct equivalent can be found on a Polo or Golf or Audi A3. I actually deleted all that stuff (with resistors) on an S3 track day car and recoded the airbag controller so it reports happy to the cluster. For a...
  4. nugentp

2013 - C7 A6 Allroad - 03157 - Functionality limited due to Communications Disruption

Posted the comparison here as an XLS file. Any suggestions ?
  5. nugentp

2013 - C7 A6 Allroad - 03157 - Functionality limited due to Communications Disruption

Yes I plan to "diff" them but I did already eyeball some small differences in RMC admaps- is there any documented channels ?
  6. nugentp

Turns out... I did (well most of it) :o Was one of the first things I did as new VCDS user so wasn't so clued into it - this was before the xenon retrofit and new CAN module. I happened to find them saved in a dark corner of a laptop. I saved a mix of PLA, PLB and CSV files for BCM ($09), RMC...
  7. nugentp

Removing Information Electronics Control Module - C7 S6 Audi

That repair manual pic looks very different to my C7 A6 - had the info module out recently - the surround piece for the actual radio has two very short electrical connectors at the bottom - coming up from behind HVAC unit (which needs removed first). The two plugs come out easy enough once you...
  8. nugentp

Audi A6 4G 2013Full Led Facelift headlights retrofit

Would you be so kind to post an AUTO SCAN for that car while it had the factory bixenons fitted ?
  9. nugentp

Never did get to the root cause on this one but somehow the car is configured to expect it to have MOST connectivity to the instrument cluster. What it actually has on the MOST connection is CAN --> RMC --> BOSE --> (back to CAN). So when you do an AUTO-SCAN it tries to contact the cluster...
  10. nugentp

Acronyms

A suggestion : NSW - NebelScheinWerfer ==> Fog Light (memory tip is "Nasty Soggy Weather")
  11. nugentp

Acronyms

And another couple from same controller (one of which I found elsewhere): APK ??? PSD - Prädiktive StreckenDaten (predictive route guidance - applicable to higher end MMI only ?)
  12. nugentp

Acronyms

And then there is... SKL (also light related as 'Leimo' has something to do with LED control module ?)
  13. nugentp

Acronyms

Theres a few in here that I would like to know (from an LWR/AHLS controller): FNS (something to do with natural frequency) ? APSB ? APSP ? PWM (pretty sure is pulse width modulation)
  14. nugentp

Yeah the real brain-ache is why the comms error persists with the original gateway and all codings identical to when it was error free. At that stage the BCM changes had been done for the bixenon conversion. Somehow when the dealer removed CP on the "new" gateway (to activate extended CAN bus...
  15. nugentp

So now I am really wishing I had saved admaps & block maps on the whole dang car before connecting this other CAN g/w.
  16. nugentp

So given all coding is back to EXACTLY where it was before the CAN g/w with extended bus was first attached to the car: Q1 - has the new gateway somehow changed some adaptation values on the cluster or the RMC unit where it expects to see MOST connectivity at the cluster ? Q2 - is this error...
  17. nugentp

Oh and no sign of the now infamous green/purple OBD diagrams wire - which goes to show the Audi factory schematics cannot be trusted - not for UK/RHD vehicles anyway... unless there is a specific variant of diagrams that I cannot find.
  18. nugentp

The cluster itself does have the expected MOST optical plug of course...
  19. nugentp

Right now riddle me this - cluster removed without drama - there is no optical connectivity anywhere near it - my hand was well stuck behind that hole hoping to find it but nope - not ever fitted. With ignition on I get MOST light at CAN, RMC and BOSE connectors which means the MOST loop is...