Search results

1. nugentp

2013 - C7 A6 Allroad - 03157 - Functionality limited due to Communications Disruption

So I have this annoying fault code on the radio/media/nav unit (5F) aka "RMC" which seems to point to a comms problem in relation to instruments. Strangely on the auto scan there is indication that the instruments (17) cannot be reached, but I can access it directly via VCDS easily. When...
  2. nugentp

B6 S4 instrument cluster bad range information

Wondering if anyone has seen something like this before and can advise corrective action. Car is 2003 with the Bosch RB4 cluster - no fault codes - but with cold weather and lack of regular use I think a low/flat battery has corrupted some settings in the cluster as it now reports something...
  3. nugentp

C7 A6 Allroad - LED Reverse Lamp retrofit - Coding problem

So I fitted some OSRAM LED replacements for the rubbish yellow W16W reverse lamps in the C7 wagon. They are sold as the usual 'CANBus error free' nonsense but of course they give nag alarms in the dashboard. I went into Central Electrics looking to deactivate load monitoring - strangely there...
  4. nugentp

2013 6R Polo Remote Locking Oddity & Root Cause

This took me a few/five hours to root cause so thought it worth sharing for any other poor soul that gets into same situation. This is a daily driven car that has never given any electrical woes. Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels:. 6R0-937-08x-09.clb Part No SW: 6R0 937 087 K...
  5. nugentp

2003 Audi S4 (B6 Avant) - BBK Engine - UK/RHD Model

Reference scan for this wagon. I did retrofit RNS-E onto this along with a B7 SWC. The HVAC head unit is actually from a B7 (better buttons than horrible peels B6 version). Only other tweak of note is adaptation on the cluster for 'telematics' which enables comms with an aftermarket logging...
  6. nugentp

Any B6/B7 S4 owners care to check something please ?

I was logging some data on my 2003 B6 S4 today and spotted a few measuring blocks that don't populate with data. ECU part number is 8E0-910-560-R but that points to a label file 079-910-560-BBK.lbl which I suspect is derived from another V8 based engine. I am expecting to see oil temperature in...
  7. nugentp

Successful C7 0B5 Clutch Calibration MY2013

Just a quick note to say I followed the clutch valve and distance sensor calibration (basic settings) on MY2013 C7 Avant with 0B5 DSG transmission without problems. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/7-Speed_S-Tronic_Direct-Shift_Gearbox_(DSG/0B5) The car had started giving the odd...
  8. nugentp

C7 A6 Folding Mirror Retrofit

I've had a good, but unsuccessful, search here but no joy as I guess the vBulletin searches cannot dive into CODE tags. Does anyone have code scans from a C7 vehicle (circa 2013) with any flavour of folding mirrors working ? I am trying to ascertain if the door controllers I have can simply be...
  9. nugentp

Audi A6 4G - CAN gateway swap

I need to upgrade my CAN gateway to a variant that has support for the extended CAN bus to complete a bi-xenon & AHLS retrofit. I am nervous about doing the gateway swap in case some gremlins are introduced. Is there any kind of official or recommended procedure ? For now, I am just hoping that...
  10. nugentp

2013 A6 Allroad 4G C7 - xenon retrofit

I already posted a full scan for this wagon here: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?17024-2013-Audi-A6-Allroad-3-0TDi-with-DSG-C7-4GH-UK-RHD-Model I have acquired all the OE parts for a bi-xenon headlight upgrade and the conversion looms from Kufatec. The loom is annoyingly configured...
  11. nugentp

2013 Audi A6 Allroad 3.0TDi with DSG - C7 / 4GH - UK/RHD Model

2013 Audi A6 Allroad 3.0TDi, CLAA with DSG - C7 / 4GH - UK/RHD Model Full scan from 2013 Audi A6 Allroad - C7 / 4GH - all healthy & no retrofits (yet). A number of options factory fitted such as SatNav, Bose & Rear HVAC but it has the awful halogen headlights which I aim to upgrade to bi-xenon...
  12. nugentp

Incorrect label information for 4G9 920 980 B

Connected VCDS with a C7 Allroad today (MY2013) - I discovered that the instrument module (4G9 920 980 B) is not properly configured in the label file (as it takes a redirect from another 4H0 controller if my reading of the label files is correct). The Coding Byte in question is 09 - this...
  13. nugentp

6R Polo with MFSW almost working

I have an MY13 6R Polo here with factory fitted telephone/media kit and factory fitted MFSW buttons which are only on the LEFT side of the steering wheel - seemingly this is a normal thing for cars that did not get optioned with the 'MFD' trip computer which uses a button panel on the right side...