Search results

1. BobFisher

Current for bulb recognition

Thanks for the responses but there is some misunderstanding evident in them. The issue is that an LED bulb of similar or even significantly higher wattage than the equivalent incandescent one takes only about 15% of the current of an incandescent and this is below the threshold of the...
  2. BobFisher

Current for bulb recognition

I replaced some time ago my daytime running bulbs and number plate bulb with LEDs. Of course, the controller now thinks there is are open circuit bulbs. Since the warning is now dysfunctional for these locations, I'd rather never see it than always see it. Anyone know what current the...
  3. BobFisher

Audi B7 Valet key operation

.... and yes, I have two key fobs matched to this car.
  4. BobFisher

What I am missing is the process to re-match it.
  5. BobFisher

22 0 1 1 2 23 1 1 0 6 24 0 0 N/A I'll wait for addition instruction before inquiring about Easter Bunnies :)
  6. BobFisher

The bulb errors are due to LEDs I am using. I have new motor mounts but not fitted them yet. The lambda sensor errors were prior to the injector replacement. The rest all seem to be related to the valet key use and were not present last time I ran a log. I guess the "key" one is 001299 -...
  7. BobFisher

I have owned my 2007 B7 Quattro Avant 2.0T for the past 3+ years. It came with a valet key as well as the two remotes. The handbook has only minimal instructions for the valet key but implies that it should open and start the car. I read somewhere that it only allows the car to be driven...
  8. BobFisher

Speedo reading 30% fast (2007 Audi A4)

2007 A4 Avant bought used. The speed shown in the digital information display after a reset is approximately correct, within a few %. I have read the blogs on the adaptation to adjust this but have not yet tried to "get it perfect". The speed shown for each wheel from the ABS module is also...
  9. BobFisher

Lights behaving oddly

2007 B7 A4 Avant (Canadian) bought used a year ago and still in Canada but planned to be imported to the USA. The headlights are xenon and look like they are the correct type for that model year per my Bentley - i.e. a high/low xenon plus a running light. However, the running lights do not come...