Search results

1. H

2006 A8L Air Suspension fault

Noticed that the Air Suspension light on the dash that normally comes on for a few seconds after start-up did not go out like it normally does. I checked the Air Suspension page on the MMI interface and all of the levels were disabled, except the one that it was set to "Dynamic". So when I got...
  2. H

Electronic Parking Brake faults

I had a couple of error codes on my ABS module a few weeks back, being in the middle of winter here in Canada, I wanted to get that addressed, as the ABS was disabled as well as ESP and probably a few other things that use the ABS module. So my mechanic suggested to remove the ABS module and...
  3. H

Audi A8L Brake System Warning lights on dash

This repair started out as a fairly straight forward wheel bearing replacement. My drivers-side rear wheel bearing has been making noise for about a month, so it was time to replace it... I arranged time over at my friends house who is a 20 year VW / Audi trained mechanic. Purchased the wheel...
  4. H

ABS MA8odule Recoding? How to?

I took my car (2006 A8L 4.2) into an indi shop to get them to look at a Short-to-Ground fault (actually a bunch of faults). They were testing the ABS electronic module by unplugging it and plugging in a spare that I had to see if they could figure out what the problem was. Unfortunately this...
  5. H

EVlAP, Sec Air, ABS/ESP Faults after steering repairs

I brought my 2006 A8L in for a groaning steering wheel sound... the sound only occurs when the engine is at idle. After some diagnostic work, my best guess was that the steering pump was a little weak? Purchased a used steering pump from Wolf Auto for $89 (local Audi Dealer wanted $900)...
  6. H

Secondary Air Pump - Output Test?

On my 2006 Audi A8L 4.2... I replaced the Secondary Air Pump a couple of weeks ago, it seemed like it did the trick in getting rid of the "Insufficient Flow" DTC code from the previous pump. However about 500kms later, the same codes have come back. So I thought I should check to make sure...
  7. H

Steering Angle Sensor

I have a 2006 Audi A8L 4.2, I discovered that my steering rack was leaking fluid about a week ago. Ordered a used rack from Wolf Auto. It arrived and my mechanic installed it on Thursday. Yesterday, they sent the car in for a four wheel alignment... and apparently they got that done... but it...
  8. H

Activation of headlight spray nozzle

2006 A8L - One of my headlight washer nozzles that rises up out of the bumper, seems to have a couple of small pin-holes that spray extraneous fluid all over the hood and all over the place. I was wondering if there is an output test or adaption or something that will raise that nozzle on...