Search results

1. Uwe

Audi A3 Tail lights conversion US to europe - Adaptations

FWIW, I seriously doubt that US tail lights can be "tweaked" to be legal in Europe. I believe you will have to install Euro-spec light assemblies before you'll pass inspection over there. -Uwe-
  2. Uwe

Audi A3 Tail lights conversion US to europe - Adaptations

In this case, I think it's reasonably safe. Byte 18 isn't 00; it has a known value (0x62), so it can be reverted. 0x00 is a special case (and is quite common). -Uwe-
  3. Uwe

09 vw rabbit abs module problems

What was the source of the replacement? 2009 was the first year for MK60EC1 ABS modules and the question isn't if they will fail, but when. If your replacement was a used / salvage module, it's entirely possible it's NFG too. As for getting a wiring diagram, please see...
  4. Uwe

What do I have? 2007 Skoda Roomster

I hate to break it to you, but what you bought is a pirated clone. Getting help in this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system. They are available directly from us: https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS ... Or from any of our authorized resellers...
  5. Uwe

ABS login question

Which number exactly are you referring to? -Uwe-
  6. Uwe

2010 Audi Q5 3.2 cranks, but won't fire. No codes.. Which VCDS tests can I run?

You should still be able to look at fuel pressures during (and right after) cranking though. However, I don't think there's any way to verify fuel delivery out of the injectors themselves. -Uwe-
  7. Uwe

2020 Skoda Octavia 2.0 tdi technology compatibility

I'm not sure whether this is still a straightforward MQB car, or MQB-evo ("Mk.8"). Can you give us the VIN please? You can leave off the last 3 or 4 digits for privacy. -Uwe-
  8. Uwe

Current for bulb recognition

What kind of car? What kind of bulb? If you know the wattage of the bulb that has been replaced, you can figure it out based on Ohm's Law. V (volts) = I (amps) * R (ohms) and Power (Watts) = Volts * Amps Example: So a 24W bulb being supplied with 12V would pull 2.0 Amps of current (once it has...
  9. Uwe

ABS login question

The ABS module must be compatible with the car, and not all Bosch 5.7 modules are the same. If it is compatible with the car, and everything else is functioning properly, then figuring out the correct Login, Coding, and the necessary Basic Settings are all quite well documented...
  10. Uwe

EV Thread

My gut says your weight target for this is unrealistic. -Uwe-
  11. Uwe

13-Auto Dist. Reg -- Status: Cannot be reached 0100

Getting help in this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system. They are available directly from us: https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS ... Or from any of our authorized resellers: http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php Let us know if/when you get one and we'll adjust your...
  12. Uwe

13-Auto Dist. Reg -- Status: Cannot be reached 0100

:D -Uwe-
  13. Uwe

Touareq PDC not working

I wonder if the module refuses to look at the sensors while the Speaker is "Open or Short to Ground"? If it were mine, I would try to correct that first. -Uwe-
  14. Uwe

How to configure Power-Save mode on Hex-Net?

I don't think we have any defined specs for this, nor are we big enough to do environmental testing on a batch of them to see at what temperature they might begin to fail. -Uwe-
  15. Uwe

Subfunction not supported in active session 2010 Q5 3.2

More info is needed. Please tell us exactly what you are doing in order to "trigger" something. -Uwe-
  16. Uwe

Force Readiness - 2016 S4

I doubt that "Incorrect Software Version" in your 5F-Information Electr. module can be cleared w/o some kind of software update to that module. However, it doesn't hurt anything to try. [Select] [5F-Information Electr.] [Fault Codes] [Clear Codes] Neither the fault code in that module, nor...
  17. Uwe

Activation of camshaft (tensioner) adjuster on AMW engine

Hi and welcome. IMO, you need to fix whatever is ailing the Engine Speed Sensor (G28) signal first. That's the most important sensor on the engine. Your ECU does support Output Tests, but only "Sequential" not "Selective", so you'll need to work through the sequence until you get to the...
  18. Uwe

[Select] [01-Engine] [Basic Settings] It should be in the drop-down list. I'd need to see a scan from your car to give you the exact name and labeling. -Uwe-
  19. Uwe

Hi and welcome. There should be a Basic Setting for "Automatic Test Sequence". Pedantic note: You cannot "Force Readiness". You can only force the tests to be run, but if they fail, they fail. -Uwe-
  20. Uwe

Multiple faults regarding ABS/ESP

Threads merged. Please do not open multiple threads with the same question about the same car. -Uwe-